Higher plain of existece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher plain of existece?

We all know that the great goal of all material beings is ascension, to live as pure energy. The big question is if there is even a higher plain of existece than ancients/ori level. Well, i think it is. I'll support my opinion with a bit of philosophy ideas. First of all we have to think what major attributes have ascended beings. Well, here we all know that they can destroy inferior creatures, step through walls, appear and disappear when they want and so on, but this is only a superficial analyse of this things, the main idea is that they can control time and space. And bingo, here we have two elements: time and space. In philosophy beings for which time and space isn't a limit are called " Eons". A translation of Eon is "the one that walks above". Now we are getting to the interesting part. Eons can do pretty much everything, like ancients/ori, except one thing: To create matter from nothing. All they can do in this plain of existace is to transform matter in what they need, from ships to devices. In philosophy this place is occupied by one being, The creator. Now when we think back to Stargate, we see two main reasons that make us believe that ascension is not really the end of the journey. First is the so called "Book of ascended" with it's famous non-intervening rules. This two-blade reason so to say, because this rules are respected because of a being more evolved tahn ancients, but in the same time we can think that the level of knowledge and understanding that ascended beings possess make them to have a self control that prevent interference in lower plains. The second and most plausible reason is an evolution reason, i mean as Sam said when people get for the first time through stargate they encountered a far superior race, the gou'uld, then a more advanced race than them, Asgard, and so on; so for this reason i think ascension to the level of ancients is not the final "stage".

What do you think?

p.s Excuse me for my writing errors, english is not my first language.
    sigpic

I'd rather settle on a higher hill of egzistnece if I could.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      I'd rather settle on a higher hill of egzistnece if I could.
      Without doubt. I think it would be great to see a new enemy, more powerful than ancients(placed on a higher plain of existance than them), similar to ori as believe, that didn't now that still are lower beings, they overascended so to say hunderds of tousands years ago and now want for a reason to eliminate lower beings( let say they just want to implement Darwin's theory-- inferior creatures are replaced by superior ones--). This would be a good plot for ancients to collaborate with humans to find a clever idea to destroy this new enemy.
      sigpic

Comment

Well wasn't ascension the ultimate form of evolution. But it would be awesome to see the ascended beings actually fight on our side. We could see the Abydonians once again. But then again if they are higher how can we possibly defeat them? By worshipping the Ancients, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
          But then again if they are higher how can we possibly defeat them? By worshipping the Ancients, maybe?
          I don't think worshipping the ancients is a solution. Remember that we thought the same thing about the ori, they were ascended beings so we couldn't even touch them, but then a solutiom was made: the anti-ori weapon. Oh, and about the thing that ascension is the last form of evolution, well i doubt about that. We know from SGA that ancients ascended 10.000 years ago and then maybe another couple of tousands of years as human form before that, so compared to the age of universe they are not so "old" plus the evolution theory makes me believe that higher plains are possible.
          sigpic

Comment

I think was it Oma who said it that Ascension is only the first step. So perhaps there is a higher plane of existence above that.
            —

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well, the ascenced-descended Merlin killed the ori, even to the point of manipulatiing daniel for this (even though our guys didnt mind).

As for further ascension, Orlin, if i remember corectly, mentioned further enlightenment, when talking about why ancients dont want to fight the ori directly, and anubis in "threads" said that their are many plains of existance, so yea, higher plains are probably likely. Although i personaly think it would be kinda old to introduce yeat another group of ascended villains, as we had one since season 5 with anubis, sort of.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                Well, the ascenced-descended Merlin killed the ori, even to the point of manipulatiing daniel for this (even though our guys didnt mind).

As for further ascension, Orlin, if i remember corectly, mentioned further enlightenment, when talking about why ancients dont want to fight the ori directly, and anubis in "threads" said that their are many plains of existance, so yea, higher plains are probably likely. Although i personaly think it would be kinda old to introduce yeat another group of ascended villains, as we had one since season 5 with anubis, sort of.
                part i agree with you, but i would love to see ancients working side by side with humans
                sigpic

Comment

The Others are the top plain of existence. They have all of the knowledge and understanding of the universe. All of the other ascended beings are still trying to attain that level of ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                    The Others are the top plain of existence. They have all of the knowledge and understanding of the universe. All of the other ascended beings are still trying to attain that level of ascension.
                    Maybe this is the main reason of the non-intervening rules, they want to ascend to higher plains of existance, which is possible only by completly detaching of the material world.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                      Did I miss a xenobiology session? What Others?

Comment

Originally posted by Woden View Post
                        Maybe this is the main reason of the non-intervening rules, they want to ascend to higher plains of existance, which is possible only by completly detaching of the material world.

I like that reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Did I miss a xenobiology session? What Others?
                          In "Threads," the Others were the people sitting in the diner who kept ignoring Daniel.

Comment

If there is something or someone higher then ascension, they probaly aren't corrupted.

Think of ancients x10. Uber arrogent

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                              If there is something or someone higher then ascension, they probaly aren't corrupted.
                              Well, you never know that for sure...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X