new vehicles you'd like to see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new vehicles you'd like to see.

We've seen the Stargate programme has led to the creation of a new type of fighter and two types of battle cruisers.

So where should we go next?

I was thinking rather that we go for something like a tank or howitzers.

The tanks could have antigravity propulsion and rail guns and the howitzers could be based on Asgard beam weapons, they could be rolled through a gate to provide support against forces invading one of our allies from space.

I know people will suggest that we get a bomber similar to an Alkesh; and although I think that is a good idea, I would like to hear people's ideas on more land based systems.

ps Please don't suggest the USAF returns to building 303s, they won't be cheaper and they're redundant now we have the 304s.

Search...Search...SEARCH! It's there for a reason!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

this is the type of vehichal im proposing. its in this thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58263

origionally i said it was what they should do to the malp but now i think its more like an automated defence and support drone for sg teams. but it could be outfitted with different features mentioned to best suit the mission, like heavyer wepons and more powerfull shields thus making it into a more militaristic model rather than the exploration one ive proposed.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
        Search...Search...SEARCH! It's there for a reason!
        No one has suggested a tank or howitzer, in a quick search.

This thread allows us to see general ideas. It isn't proposing a particular thing. It's just giving suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
          No one has suggested a tank or howitzer, in a quick search.

This thread allows us to see general ideas. It isn't proposing a particular thing. It's just giving suggestions.
          The gate vehicle design thread much?
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

I made a formula for gate based warfare for the AUVF:

Gate Control Vechicle

Big, gate capable andtigravity crane. Most expensive hting on the batelfield, miniaturised shields and cloaking, designed to protect the gate and keep it in friendly hands. Also suposed to "aim" t so we csan send whatever weapon though. Possibly doubling as command post.

Aerial Superiority Vechicle

Flying tankette. A railgun with an AG, possibly a shield and bateries. Works as artilery, close suport, indeirect fire, orbital strike, etc.

Swarm

Flying knives of death. Remote cotnroled AG drones with really sharp edges, preferably molecular edged trinium. Use miniature AG to fly around and hurt things.

Scout

Flying sensor array, used to call down heavenly furry from ASVs.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
              The gate vehicle design thread much?
              Didn't see it on search.

It doesn't need to be a gate vehicle.

Comment

We've seen the Stargate programme has led to the creation of a new type of fighter and two types of battle cruisers.

So where should we go next?

I was thinking rather that we go for something like a tank or howitzers.

The tanks could have antigravity propulsion and rail guns and the howitzers could be based on Asgard beam weapons, they could be rolled through a gate to provide support against forces invading one of our allies from space.

I know people will suggest that we get a bomber similar to an Alkesh; and although I think that is a good idea, I would like to hear people's ideas on more land based systems.

ps Please don't suggest the USAF returns to building 303s, they won't be cheaper and they're redundant now we have the 304s.
                I could ague that all day.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                  I could ague that all day.
                  Argue what exactly?

Comment

Argue what exactly?
                    Please don't start, everyone knows it's not true jonos.

Comment

That 303s are cheaper to build because they're smaller, and they would make a good support ship.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

can anyone else smell that? its the distinct aroma of more 303 vs. the 304 arguments (or rather the same argument over and over again) coming. there goes another thread. why cant people just let the subject go...gosh!, some people just have to stir the kettle.

by the way the 303 is a crappy design that should stay discontinued its got nothing on the 304 except its birthday.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Quickly, we've got to suggest new ideas!

A 305 that goes through the gate isn't a new idea but it may be a start.

Crazy Tom's idea of a space crane is outside the box and just what's needed.

Comment

Perhaps something a step up from a Jumper, but a step down from an Alkesh? Something like a Tel'tak but with good weapons, shields, and a much better hyperdrive. And of course a much much more space efficient design.
                            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                              Perhaps something a step up from a Jumper, but a step down from an Alkesh? Something like a Tel'tak but with good weapons, shields, and a much better hyperdrive. And of course a much much more space efficient design.
                              I like this.

We could use develop it with the upgrades that Vala put on her Tel'tak.

Comment

Working...
                              X