Hijacking the Daedalus [First Contact spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hijacking the Daedalus [First Contact spoilers]

How do you think the Wraith manage to take over the Daedalus ?

This is what we know from the spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Meanwhile Woolsey, along with Dr. Keller and Ronon, have joined Colonel Caldwell on board the Daedalus, leaving Sheppard in charge of Atlantis. They welcome Todd and his delegation to the ship to discuss testing Keller's gene therapy on live Wraith subjects. But events take a turn for the worse when Todd, suspecting them of betrayal, takes control of the Daedalus

I don't think our guys would be naive enough to allow too many Wraith onboard. So they probably don't overwhelm the crew (not at first at least). And they're probably searched before coming aboard to make sure they don't carry weapons or stunners.
    So how do they do it ? Some new Wraith tech maybe ?

Maybe some Wraith worshippers pretend to be people hunted by the Wraith and the Apollo saves them by allowing them onboard.

Comment

or they use the wraith stun rods as showed in mallozzi's blog, and mass stun everyone. then, drag away the important people, hack the system, and beam aboard tons of wraith

Comment

Todd has picked up a lot of knowledge of our tech from his work with McKay. It's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that he'll have used this information to create some kind of back-door allowing him access to critical systems from somewhere on the ship.
        "You wanna run this ship?"
        "YES!"
        "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

I don't understand why he continues to not trust us when hes the one causing the problems.

It might be a good thing if we kill him off later, when the Wraith are all wiped out.
          Visit my Website

Comment

perhaps some sort of nerve gas they have secretly concealed
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              I don't understand why he continues to not trust us when hes the one causing the problems.
              Errrrr, according to the most recent spoilers,
              Spoiler:
              McKay and Jackson activate a weapon designed to destroy wraith ships.

Who is betraying who, already? Let him just stay still while Atlantis kills him and his allies, is that what you are expecting?
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                Errrrr, according to the most recent spoilers,
                Spoiler:
                McKay and Jackson activate a weapon designed to destroy wraith ships.

Who is betraying who, already? Let him just stay still while Atlantis kills him and his allies, is that what you are expecting?
                Are you saying that if we didn't activate the weapon and he had the chance to steal the Daedalus he wouldn't ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                  Are you saying that if we didn't activate the weapon and he had the chance to steal the Daedalus he wouldn't ?
                  Probably not, unless the benefits of stealing it for his own war surpass the drawback of having Atlantis actively fighting him, which is rather unlikely. He is more likely to steal information (hoping to remain unnoticed) than blatantly hijacking a ship.

But are YOU saying that Atlantis wouldn't willingly activate a weapon that wipes out wraith without any drawback for humans? Do you really believe they would hesitate, even if it means murdering Todd and his whole faction in the process? Todd is not naive, and certainly does not want his whole species to be exterminated. He has very good reasons not to trust Atlantis. Trust must be earned, and the Atlanteans have hardly proved Todd to be trustworthy: They can keep a bargain if they need his help, but hardly more.
                  My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

Probably not, unless the benefits of stealing it for his own war surpass the drawback of having Atlantis actively fighting him, which is rather unlikely. He is more likely to steal information (hoping to remain unnoticed) than blatantly hijacking a ship.
                    I seriously doubt he wouldn't steal a ship as advanced as Daedalus. So what if Atlantis is actively fighting him ? He can take technology from the Daedalus and install it on Wraith ships. Imagine how powerful a Wraith Hiveship with shields, beam weapons and beaming technology would be. Not to mention the fact that he would have access to the intergalactic hyperdrive system which would allow him to reach Earth. He could even unite the Wraith by sharing this technology with all the factions... so there would be no more "fight for food", since Milky Way is full of humans.

But are YOU saying that Atlantis wouldn't willingly activate a weapon that wipes out wraith without any drawback for humans? Do you really believe they would hesitate, even if it means murdering Todd and his whole faction in the process ?
                    Yes, I think they would hesitate. They always search for more humane aproaches (such as the retrovirus).

Todd is not naive, and certainly does not want his whole species to be exterminated. He has very good reasons not to trust Atlantis. Trust must be earned, and the Atlanteans have hardly proved Todd to be trustworthy: They can keep a bargain if they need his help, but hardly more.
                    Actually I think it's the other way around. Todd has plenty of reasons to trust the Atlantis team: Sheppard saved his life the first time (without thinking that some day in the future he might be usefull); during the battle over the Replicator homeworld Daedalus destroyed an Aurora that was attacking Todd's Hive (not to mention the fact that they spared his ship even tough he knows the location of Atlantis and is a security risk); the team saved him from the cloning facility (they could have killed him, Teyla was flying the Hive they didn't need him at first)

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                      Yes, I think they would hesitate. They always search for more humane aproaches (such as the retrovirus).
                      O yea, thats so much more humane, in a very borg kinda way
                      I definetly agree Atlantis wouldnt hesitate to use that weapon.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                        O yea, thats so much more humane, in a very borg kinda way
                        Turning them into humans is more humane then killing them

Comment

For me the intersting part is after hijacking: What will do with Daedalus?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woden View Post
                            For me the intersting part is after hijacking: What will do with Daedalus?
                            We probably take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              We probably take it back.
                              I think the same, but it will be interesting to see at least his action plan.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X