what they should do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what they should do.

personally, i think they should completely redesign the malp. like perhaps giving it flight capabilitys with some cool asgard engine. also a holographic screen for 2 way visual communications between the team and the base. and instead of wheels give it an anti gravity device. it should also be equiped with some asgard sensors that can scan both the surface of the planet as well as long range sensors that would warn the sg team if a hive or a dart is approaching.

another thing they could do in addition to what i already said is to give it a shield and some plasma wepons to defend the gate against darts and foot soilders. it would sorta be like that goauld automated probe we saw in heros. exept it will be asgardish and a little bigger.

it would also be a good idea to give it the ability to interface with the dhd and dial out. the idea is so that if the team is far away from the gate they could use a tablet and dial atlantis for a schedualed check in without having to walk all the way back to the gate.

basically all these additions would allow the sg team to continuously scan the planet and space for any hostile activity using just a standard tablet. and in the event of hostile activity the malp would open fire and dial the gate for retreat. it would also be cool if they could fit a beaming buffer on it and be able to beam the team to the gate so they dont have to run back.

ADDITIONS:

a subspace radio to alert stargate command if theres an incomming wormhole or if the gate malfunctions somehow and they need to call for extraction using a 304.

what do you think? what do you like? hate? think i should add? any thoughts would be apreciated.

this is no longer a malp design but rather an automated defence and support drone.
    Last edited by stargater1990; 26 August 2008, 01:01 PM.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    personally, i think they should completely redesign the malp. like perhaps giving it flight capabilitys with some cool asgard engine. also a holographic screen for 2 way visual communications between the team and the base. and instead of wheels give it an anti gravity device. it should also be equiped with some asgard sensors that can scan both the surface of the planet as well as long range sensors that would warn the sg team if a hive or a dart is approaching.

another thing they could do in addition to what i already said is to give it a shield and some plasma wepons to defend the gate against darts and foot soilders. it would sorta be like that goauld automated probe we saw in heros. exept it will be asgardish and a little bigger.

it would also be a good idea to give it the ability to interface with the dhd and dial out. the idea is so that if the team is far away from the gate they could use a tablet and dial atlantis for a schedualed check in without having to walk all the way back to the gate.

basically all these additions would allow the sg team to continuously scan the planet and space for any hostile activity using just a standard tablet. and in the event of hostile activity the malp would open fire and dial the gate for retreat. it would also be cool if they could fit a beaming buffer on it and be able to beam the team to the gate so they dont have to run back.

what do you think? what do you like? hate? think i should add? any thoughts would be apreciated.
    Now that atlantis has started using malps, I agree that they should be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post

Something like that is out of the question: too expensive.
      Besides, the jumpers do all the same things, plus more.

No reason to re-invent the wheel (well, in this case the MALP, lol )

Comment

The MALP definitely needs an upgrade, but I see no point in them having weapons as they're used primarily for scientific purposes and to assess whether a planet is safe.

An ideal MALP:
        -Anti-Gravity system as seen on Thor's stasis device.

-Maneuvering thrusters for use with space-gates.

-Short-range 3KM Asgard transporter for beaming injured or lost team members and personnel back to the gate.

-Portable power generator and dialing interface for emergency use in dialing gates where a DHD is inaccessible.

-Fully enhanced Asgard sensor array.

-Enhanced communication array with subspace antennae.

Sorted.
        "You wanna run this ship?"
        "YES!"
        "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Originally posted by auror View Post
          Now that atlantis has started using malps, I agree that they should be updated.

started?

They used them since the beginning, but lost a lot from Wraith attacks and in the vacuum of space. Remember when Atlantis seen its first space gate, the malp was lost.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post
            The MALP definitely needs an upgrade, but I see no point in them having weapons as they're used primarily for scientific purposes and to assess whether a planet is safe.

An ideal MALP:
            -Anti-Gravity system as seen on Thor's stasis device.

-Maneuvering thrusters for use with space-gates.

-Short-range 3KM Asgard transporter for beaming injured or lost team members and personnel back to the gate.

-Portable power generator and dialing interface for emergency use in dialing gates where a DHD is inaccessible.

-Fully enhanced Asgard sensor array.

-Enhanced communication array with subspace antennae.

Sorted.
            Mostly,yes, but idisagree about asgard tech. for one, we shouldnt be able to mass produce it easily and cheaply like that, but more importantly you wouldnt want your enemy getting their hands on asgard beaming tech or even sensors would you?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
              Mostly,yes, but idisagree about asgard tech. for one, we shouldnt be able to mass produce it easily and cheaply like that, but more importantly you wouldnt want your enemy getting their hands on asgard beaming tech or even sensors would you?

i believe thats why they made self destructs.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I'm betting a fair few MALPs are destroyed, or left abandoned by any inhospitable planets they come across, or any natural (or man-made) Irises they come across. Having a MALP chock-full of expensive, valuable technology that goes to waste every so often seems rather wasteful, sticking with the (relatively) cheap, tried and tested MALPs we currently use seems best, especially when they tell us enough about the Planet's hospitality to allow SG-teams to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                  Something like that is out of the question: too expensive.
                  Besides, the jumpers do all the same things, plus more.

No reason to re-invent the wheel (well, in this case the MALP, lol )

yes the jumpers do some of these things but with jumpers you need a person inside to do that. plus they dont have a shield and they have 8 drones. with this new malp, or what it really is now is an advanced recon attack drone,you can do everything a jumper can do but without the need for a person to be controlling everything.

and im sure that the cost would be no more than the cost to make a 302, which is the only other machine they make even close to what im proposing. and they proboly have made hundreds of those already, so they could make 2 or 3 of these for the cost of 1 or 2 302s. i think thats a fair bargain for what its able to do.

plus this design would also be used for the milkyway and they dont have jumpers so if they are attacked on another planet, they would be on their own. but if they had one of these babys, it would alert them if theres an incoming wormhole, then send a subspace message to the sgc, then raise shields and arm plasma wepons, and open fire on enemys coming through the gate.it could( if theres one small eneough) even beam the teams to far away parts of the planet and back to the stargate thus making the mission go alot faster. and if theres an incomming ship in hyperspace they would be informed of it immediately and they could retreat, or if they had to stay, it could take down fighters and footsoilders. i think capital ships are a bit much.

actually, im not going to really call this a malp any more but rather an automated defence and support system for sg teams.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

They should start now with Humvees...

Comment

Working...
                    X