• Show
Clear All

The parallel pregnancies of Rachel Luttrell

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...aspx?e=1170731

excerpt:

The parallel pregnancies of Rachel Luttrell
    Posted By BRIAN GORMAN, © ZAP2IT
    Posted 4 hours ago

Changing the direction of "Stargate Atlantis" probably wasn't the first thing on Rachel Luttrell's mind when she became pregnant last year.

After she announced her condition to the producers at the start of season four, she says, she expected they'd just hide her "behind large prop pieces" when she began to show.

Instead, they wrote a season-long pregnancy story arc for Luttrell's character, Teyla. And Teyla's delivery was the focus of the debut episode of season five, airing Mondays on The Movie Network in Eastern

Canada and on Movie Central in the West.

"I had no idea how they were going to take the news," Luttrell says. "I knew it was slated to be a season that would be quite strong for Teyla, so I had no idea what they were going to be able to do with it. And I'm very happy with the direction it took."

What the producers of "SGA" did was build a mysterious prophecy around the baby.

"Teyla's child is actually a very, very powerful being," Luttrell says. "So this season we see how this warrior is going to cope with being a mom and having a child who is a unique being and is, sadly, sought after by rather more evil characters."

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

not the first time this has been done. Nana Visitor her pregnancy was written into the character of Major Kira in Trek: DS9. Claudia Black's pregnancy was written into Vala's character which resulted in SG1 having the Orici.
    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

What the producers of "SGA" did was build a mysterious prophecy around the baby.

"Teyla's child is actually a very, very powerful being," Luttrell says. "So this season we see how this warrior is going to cope with being a mom and having a child who is a unique being and is, sadly, sought after by rather more evil characters."
      When did this happen again?
      (or in other words, please tell em this is someone short-ciruicting?)
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        When did this happen again?
        (or in other words, please tell em this is someone short-ciruicting?)
        well, we have, what? about 14 episodes left to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          well, we have, what? about 14 episodes left to find out?
          You know what Gateworld really needs? One of them sobbing smilies.
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

^Well it does have these:

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
              ^Well it does have these:
              Perfect.
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I would be more concerned about this if I hadn't seen how Teyla's arc was handled last year. I'll be a little surprised if this is touched on in more than a couple of episodes. It will probably be dealt with in
                Spoiler:
                The Prodigal,
                and maybe another one....just my guess.

Although, yeah, my preference would far rather have been to have Teyla's baby be a normal baby.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X