Hive ships in Shrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hive ships in Shrine

Did those hive ships in the shrine look flatter or was it just me. Also they looked less organic than the Wraith ships in space.

And I thought it was kind of strange that there were Hive-ships on the ground instead of a Wraith outpost

Anyone has thoughts on this.

Presumably, the Wraith established an outpost as well on the planet in addition to landing the hiveships. They looked fine to me, basically so large that they actually appeared as mountains which was cool.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

yea they looked cool. now get the apollo there and launch a gatebuster.

i do wanna say its easier to land a hive than to construct an all-new outpost

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        yea they looked cool. now get the apollo there and launch a gatebuster.

i do wanna say its easier to land a hive than to construct an all-new outpost
        Wouldn't they just grow one?

Comment

They looked terribly small. There's no way those things were 11 km long.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

does anyone have any pics from the epi. i don't have cable so i can't watch it until it comes out on dvd.

second part, does anyone know a free way to watch teh epi's after they air

Comment

We are not allowed to discuss how to find illegal(free) copies of stargate online. It's easy enough anyways. You shouldn't need help.

Comment

Since we now know hiveships grow rather than get built we have a halfway passable built in explanation for this and the doubtless many other scaling errors to come.

The Wraith also got points here for having probably one of the most competently defended gates that wasn't just outright blocked or instadeath on the other side.

If they had better weapons like emplaced machine guns, mortars and RPG type weapons that artificial valley they created with hives would have been an absolute deathtrap.

It's nice to see somebody finally set up their base within line of sight of the gate for once. As opposed to the more popular "just far enough away to allow people to sneak onto the planet unnoticed and compromise our facility, but not far enough that they'll actually require vehicular transport in order to get here".

Comment

Their defence sucks, we just have to send a nice bomb through and we have two destroyed hive-ships

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                    Their defence sucks, we just have to send a nice bomb through and we have two destroyed hive-ships
                    Yeah, it took a dozen shots to take dow a MALP, that doen't say much for their firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                      Read what I posted next time. The arrangement would be good if they had any halfway decent weapons. It was the fact the Wraith's entire ground warfare inventory consists of nothing but stunners of various types that limited how effective this arrangement was, not the arrangement itself.

Short of blocking off the gate with an Iris or sticking it in space that's about as good as you're going to get in terms of defending one and a big improvement over the norm. Most of the time in stargate the "heavily defended Goa'uld worlds" or whatever have the stargate out in the middle of a field somewhere with nobody even watching it, if you're lucky there might be a squad of Jaffa there.

Here the Wraith had set up high ground and cover on either side of the gate. There was no cover in the valley and thinking back I don't even remember seeing a DHD. Sure you could send a bomb but you can even send a bomb into the SGC, as midway proved. That doesn't mean either of those defenses is no better than the countless numbers of unmonitored and unguarded gates that lead to supposedly important facilities, which is the norm we're seeing.

Comment

There's the fact, as well, that they had to be shooting at the stargate. They would not settle a base around a stargate just to shoot at it and bury it the second invaders would come through.
                        It's rather clear, however, that the defense was poor. The mere idea that a smokescreen could lure sensors is absurd. In my opinion, it didn't make any difference, and the shots landed around so randomly because that's what the Wraith were trying to do, fire all around the stargate.
                        The Wraith are extremely complacent in the way they defend their assets via stargates. Their leaders just don't think correctly about how such a gateway leading straight into their backyard such as a stargate is a massive danger.
                        If Earth wasn't concerned about the shrine, they could have sent a gatebuster, and vapourized those two ships.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I'd blame the accuracy on the fact that even a super human android man with targeters for eyeballs would likely have trouble hitting anything with a stunner at those ranges.

It's down to their ****house weapons, though granted the idea of smoke fooling hiveship sensors is laughable. Why didn't they just cloak before they went through again?

I was also waiting to see what exactly they were going to pull in order to get back but it seems it wasn't important enough to show us that.

With that same set up and even WW1-WW2 era tech though you could murder more or less as many people and vehicles as you had ammunition for in that chokepoint they'd created with the two hive hulls.

That's all I'm trying to say. This just highlights how lousy the Wraith weapons are, that even with a defense as abnormally advantageous as that one they still can't seal the deal.

Comment

Well i would imagine they wouldnt want to risk evaporating the stargate by using their ship weapons.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                              Well i would imagine they wouldnt want to risk evaporating the stargate by using their ship weapons.
                              Thsoe weapons took a dozen shots to down a MALP; that's pathetic. Qnd Gates are very resilient, it takes a specail "gatebuster" warhead to destroy one.

Comment

Working...
                              X