Option 1

The M.A.L.P. is a great idea to send through the gate before S.G.A. teams

Option 2

The M.A.L.P. will get old fast

Option 3

This is a stupid thread

Option 4

The creator of this thread is an idiot

option 5: the MALP is great, but should be redesigned so we have one that has maneuvering thrusters for space gates, more sensors, a small naq generator, gate dial protocol, and a small railgun

Comment

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
        Funny jolinar, funny!
        Anyways, i would say its a great idea, but the railgun, i dont exactly get that,
        next you would want to add shields and then after some time it will be as advanced as the jumper or something and then they will be back to a crappier M.A.l.P again. But on the other hand it could use the maneuvering thrusters, so after the jumper could pick it up, and not have a malp wasted by flying out of orbit.
        Another thing is can you send a drone through the gate, i mean it has sensors, or something, couldn the Drone pick up stuff, maybe the ancients used them?
        "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

a railgun for tactical killing. not superduperultra hive killing. or its just a sitting duck. "hey. the malp is under fire". and it remains under fire, untill its destroyed.

red

Comment

Of course the MALP is a good idea... unless the Atlantis team wants to walk out of a space gate one day.

Come to think of it, could be a nice way to end Atlantis in a hurry like the TPTB intend.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Thrusters is nice. Maybe a nuke, too.

So if the malp turns evil and wants to kill everyone, send it through the gate then nuke it

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                I'll second that.

Comment

Comment

ok so, take a basic skeleton, add 6 wheels, each with its own electric engine, powered by a mark 1, inercial dampeners, a small railgun for defence, some ceramic polymer, several thrusters, long range sensors, computer with AI, ability to run in conjunction with UAV's.

also:

UAV: 4x small Knaq missile [doesnt need to be big], or a small railgun[either, not both], a small VASIMIR engine, and a propellor engine. sensors, computer with Ai, inercial dampeners, powered by a mark IA [small reactor on top of an x-699]

so we can damage stuff from range

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      ok so, take a basic skeleton, add 6 wheels, each with its own electric engine, powered by a mark 1, inercial dampeners, a small railgun for defence, some ceramic polymer, several thrusters, long range sensors, computer with AI, ability to run in conjunction with UAV's.

also:

UAV: 4x small Knaq missile [doesnt need to be big], or a small railgun[either, not both], a small VASIMIR engine, and a propellor engine. sensors, computer with Ai, inercial dampeners, powered by a mark IA [small reactor on top of an x-699]

so we can damage stuff from range
                      All that stuff defeats the point. Completely.

SGC MALPS and UAVs are disposable forward observation devices. They must be designed with the built-in assumption that they will be lost all the time to all sorts of circumstances that cannot be predicted in advance. Therefore, they must be cheap and easy to mass-produce. They must also be built to maximize their effectiveness at their primary goal- establishing whether it is safe to send a team to that planet and what kind of protection they might need. Finally, for the majority of first contact situation, it makes more sense to NOT arm the MALP so that it wouldn't be perceived as a threat.

If you need a remote controlled fighting vehicle, build a dedicated one.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I'm sick of everyone wanting to put Railguns on everything. its a malp for cryin out loud, a rail gun wouldn't even fit on it. Even the barrel would be far to big (seige pt 2) its just a malp & they get destroyed all the time, it would be a waste to put a rail gun on every malp only to have half of them destroyed. Malps are used because they're expendable, rail guns are expencive people. Sure go ahead & fit a remote P-90 or something on it like the modified malp used in forever in a day, but dont go sticking railguns on everything from weather ballons to the presidents limo.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

knock, knock. smaller version, anyone? doesnt have to be a machinegun.

anyway, scrap the railgun, UAV's would keep the weapons.

Comment

And who ever said put a rail gun on a M.A.L.P.. gets their own 4.

Comment

You know what would be cool ?
                              One MALP with Asgard Shields, Beam Weapons, Railguns, Beaming technology, Mark 9 Nukes, Drones, a Sodan cloaking device, a portable Stargate, Dialing Computer, Avenger 3.0 virus, Chimera holographic technology, AIs, Long Range Sensors, The Ark of Truth, Merlin's out-of-phase device, the Asgard Database, Nanobots, AR Drive, Antiprior device, Wraith retrovirus gas bombs, ARG (Anti-Replicator Guns) and deployable PWARW (Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapon) satellites... all powered by a ZPM and 4 Mark 2 Naquadah Generators.

We can do it, we have the technology !

Comment

Working...
                              X