Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Power Source [ShrineSspoilers]

I won't bother with spoiler tags.

OK, the Shine of Talus was soem sort of ancient device, it emitied ionising radiation, Mckay theorised it was the radiation from a decaying super heavy element ancients used as a power source.

Could be naqudah, but ewere fairly familiar with naquadah technology, so we'd reconise the radiation. So it's something else.

maclarium?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      maclarium?
      Wut.......?

Comment

that was the super heavy element that Carter introduced into the sun to keep it from exploding.

I don't think that was a power source material, just a super heavy element.

Its just speculation.
        Visit my Website

Comment

What episode was that?

Comment

"red sun "

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              "red sun "

actually it was red sky, episode 505. it was the episode where they mess up there sun and try and fix it but that one guy set fire to the rocket they were going to use to get the maclarium into the sun. oooo... i just wanted to kill that smug bstard. as did oniell, he was pissed.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

My guess is that it was some kind of powersource that the Ancients used to power things that didn't need a ZPM.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought naquadah didn't decay. The gates have been there for millions of years and yet no signs of decay. Also I thought naquadah delivers clean energy and can absorb radiation and other energy source rather than emit it.

Comment

its not naquahdah

Comment

Since we've never established the amount of time a ZPM takes to properly build (I've theorized 50-100 years), it makes sense that in time of war they would look to develop quicker sources of energy. Many like Arcturus would fail.

Comment

What about the power modulator O'Nail made? Could this be a scaled up version?

Comment

Didn't Jeannie say "anti-matter"?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                            Didn't Jeannie say "anti-matter"?
                            Yes, but then Mckay corrected her...

Jeannie: So what do you think, anti-matter?
                            Mckay: A super heavy element that the Ancients used to use as an energy source. I've never seen it before.

Presumably Mckay was able to identify it because of his research with the Ancient database.

Comment

A super heavy element that the Ancients used to use as an energy source. I've never seen it before.

funny. he recognises it, yet has never seen it before. but i think it was used for specific kinds of purposes

Comment

Working...
                              X