thats odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats odd

i was just watching season 5 episode the travelers and they kidnapped shepard because they needed someone with the aincent gene to activate the aurora. well you also need the aincent gene to use the life signs detector. but since larrin dosent have the gene how was she able to use the detector. and if she did have the gene, then why would she need shepard so that means she dont have the gene yet she was able to use the detector as evidence by this screen cap:

explain that. and btw shepard couldnt have activated it for her b/c shepard said the gene must be present for it to stay on or else itll shut off.
    Attached Files
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

maybe its likes some other ANCIENT tech where, once you activate it anyone with or without the gene can operate it.

Who knows about the ANCIENT gene right?

Those ANCIENTS were one weird race.

ANCIENTS...
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      maybe its likes some other ANCIENT tech where, once you activate it anyone with or without the gene can operate it.

ANCIENTS...

no it was stated in the siege when he showed it to cournel everet that you need the gene or it shuts off. im pretty sure it was again stated in some other episode but i cant remember which.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Simple explanation : it is the same difference between the Travelers and Sheppard than between Becket and Sheppard. They may have the ATA gene but lack the ability to control complex Ancient devices.

And this is why they kidnap the pilot of a jumper who would hypothetically more experienced than they were. For all we know, as long as they don't end up with Becket or McKay, they would have managed to gather enough information.
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

It's season 4.

boobie

Comment

well, maybe it was a less advanced one. after all, they found it on that aurora. so it might be an older model. also, remember john is a natural at ATA

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

ANCIENTS...
              yea that got on my nerves too..

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                well, maybe it was a less advanced one. after all, they found it on that aurora. so it might be an older model. also, remember john is a natural at ATA

yeah but beckett wasnt any good at using his gene but he eventually was able to operate the chair and fly the jumper so even if she had the gene at all im sure with her determination she would have been able to initialize a simple console. but since she didint, that leads me to believe that they meesed this episode up a litttle by allowing her to use the detector.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Just to let those of you who think that once a LSD has been activated it can be used by anyone know, in the seige part 2 John Sheppard said to the commander of the reinforcements when he asked to see the LSD 'It won't do you any good, you need the gene to use it' meaning you need the gene no matter if it's been activated or not. From what I've seen the devices that can be activated then used by anyone are just simple consoles.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

its stated they have an adapter containing a small am out of the gene but require someone who has it to activate stuff

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                      its stated they have an adapter containing a small am out of the gene but require someone who has it to activate stuff

no, they were trying to make one but silas and the other guy died before completing it.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                        Just to let those of you who think that once a LSD has been activated it can be used by anyone know, in the seige part 2 John Sheppard said to the commander of the reinforcements when he asked to see the LSD 'It won't do you any good, you need the gene to use it' meaning you need the gene no matter if it's been activated or not. From what I've seen the devices that can be activated then used by anyone are just simple consoles.
                        Your trip'in man, straight trip'in

Comment

Does Radek have the ATA gene? because he used an LSD (don't laugh) in The Seed.
                          Trailers and PR
                          Stargate: War Begins team
                          http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                          forums:
                          http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Working...
                          X