Ancient ship: Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient ship: Destiny

So what do you think it'll look like? Or more in spirit with the forum: what do you want it to look like?

I imagine something far bigger and more grandiose, to give it a name, than what we're used to seeing. Bearing in mind that it's millions of years older than what we've seen on SG1/SGA, I still think it'll have a few things up its sleeve unlike anything we've seen before in terms of ancient technology.

I'd imagine it generally being not unlike Atlantis: a huge colony that still retains its conventional ship-like features, but at the same time gives the impression that it's designed with crew-comfort and mission-relevant systems in mind. I'm pretty interested to see what kind of technology we'll see aboard the Destiny in Universe.

So what do you think?
    "You wanna run this ship?"
    "YES!"
    "W.. well, you can't."

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post
    So what do you think it'll look like? Or more in spirit with the forum: what do you want it to look like?

I imagine something far bigger and more grandiose, to give it a name, than what we're used to seeing. Bearing in mind that it's millions of years older than what we've seen on SG1/SGA, I still think it'll have a few things up its sleeve unlike anything we've seen before in terms of ancient technology.

I'd imagine it generally being not unlike Atlantis: a huge colony that still retains its conventional ship-like features, but at the same time gives the impression that it's designed with crew-comfort and mission-relevant systems in mind. I'm pretty interested to see what kind of technology we'll see aboard the Destiny in Universe.

So what do you think?
    dude there are like milion of SGU threads her

but i am lokking realy farword to see it

Comment

I wonder if it will be out dated compared to Atlantis.

Comment

Considering it's supposed to be a few million years older then Atlantis and obviously not have the equipment installed to actually fly the darn thing.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be pretty outdated.

That in mind, This is what I see the Destiny looking like:

A huge flying treehouse with one half unfinished and the other half being very unstable. You can practicaly hear the people onboard holding on for dear life screaming as the ship stumbles out of hyperspace.

Comment

AOT:

Spoiler:

Like that. I expect.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            AOT:

Spoiler:

Like that. I expect.
            i was just thinking about that ship, it is said it was build earlyer then atlantis and that is the only ship known from the ancient that was build before atlantis

and it whould be cool becouse we did not get a realy good look at it in AOT

Comment

At the height of their civilization: So one should expect the ship to be fast, possibly Asgard fast, and capable, even if it uses supergate type tech to travel...

But I suspect it is lacking juice (ZPMs depleted)...no power for drones and shields or other energy weapons.

The new series should be awesome, to boldly go to the other side of the universe.

Comment

i just don't want to see the typical "team" from stargate jack in to universe.

the scientist type-carter/mckay
                the tough guy type-teal'c/ronan
                the 'i act like a sign post' type-jack/shep
                the philosophical type-daniel/teyla
                the concerned leader-hammond/weir

it's like atlantis was a carbon copy of sg-1 in terms of the teams.

get some new juice into universe!
                "i'm not doctor weir"

yeah, damn straight.

Comment

^yeah

I like to see a much more diverse group on this expedition, not just earthlings again and again.

Bring along some Tok'ra, Jaffa, why not even a Nox or two? Too bad they killed off the Asgard, otherwise they could be in the expedition as well.

Comment

well, i say john/mckay, especially the latter was refreshing, just like keller/becket. atlantis used it differently. but seriously, whats the fun of 1x military commander, 1x millitary scientist, 1x millitary machinegunner, and 1x millitary female?

also, teyla isnt the philosophical type. she's the mother/wise woman/warrior woman/people's woman. not a jackson clone. jackson was different.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      well, i say john/mckay, especially the latter was refreshing, just like keller/becket. atlantis used it differently. but seriously, whats the fun of 1x military commander, 1x millitary scientist, 1x millitary machinegunner, and 1x millitary female?

also, teyla isnt the philosophical type. she's the mother/wise woman/warrior woman/people's woman. not a jackson clone. jackson was different.
                      Nope. She was a Teal'c clone.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ronan and Teyla was the Atlantis version of Teal'c just having a female calmer/nicer character while Ronan was a Wild good guy.

McKay would be Carter, minus the military training.

Shepard = O'Niell / Mitchell

Daniel Jackson is part Teyla part Weir.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Something big, but not quite on the scale of Atlantis. Something organic is out of the question, the Ancients didn't build their ships that way. It should have older tech than Atlantis, so something that looks like our eighteenth-century stuff compared to our nineteenth- twentieth-century stuff.

I don't really see them including Tok'ra on this one. Judging from Continuum, the Tok'ra
                          Spoiler:
                          are all probably concentrating on building their own society now that the last System Lord is dead.

What I'm really hoping for is that the program will be revealed to the public, and a host of ZPMs are found(allowing Atlantis to conclude satisfactorily; this may even happen in one of the movies). That way it'll be a truly international and worldwide undertaking, which in my mind is the only real way something like this could happen.

But hey, maybe the producers will surprise us with another logical explanation.
                          It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                          --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

programm wont be revealed. but i do think it should be international, also interracial. some hebridans aboard, some tokra, some jaffa....

Comment

[ATTACH]6670[/ATTACH]
                              this could be what it looks like it looks nothing like the ships that we have seen
                              or it could be
                              [ATTACH]6671[/ATTACH]
                              they look like nothing we have seen

or it could look like a aroura but being 3 or 4 times the size and not being as advanced and with pulse and beam weapons and have asgard like sheilds on a capasator
                              get the rep

Comment

Working...
                              X