Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enemy at the Gate NOT ending in a cliff hanger?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy at the Gate NOT ending in a cliff hanger?

Originally posted by Joseph Mallozzi
    Episode 20, Enemy at the Gate, will mark our 100th episode and, contrary to online speculation, we will not be ending things with a cliffhanger. Regardless of whether we got the pick-up or not, we had always planned a clean conclusion to our 100th episode, one that would hopefully leave fans satisfied yet eager for more. And that “more” will come in the form of the Stargate Atlantis movie…
    I really confused because this is the opposite of what I heard before Can someone enlighten me?

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

I'm confused, too, but I think it's all coming down to separate viewpoints among the show's developers in terms of what is and what isn't a big bang cliffhanger, or a cliffhanger to begin with.

I'm getting the sense that this season was always going to end with a 'Full Circle' kind of a moment, but some people felt its open-endedness was a huge sort of a cliffhanger, whereas others have never felt that way.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      I really confused because this is the opposite of what I heard before Can someone enlighten me?

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
      Considering no plot details have been released yet, it's tough to say. I think Joe is right though, it isn't going to be a cliff hanger. There may be some what ifs left, but I think they'll be answered in one of the movies.

Kind of like a hint towards a future plot, but fulfilling the current plot.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

its not an action cliffhanger[like, they are stuck in a situation like "first strike"], but a story one. [like, "full circle"]. at the end, you are like "whats gonna happen next" as opposed to "how do they get out "

Comment

Todd: The Movie = first movie of Atlantis.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'd had it in my head that Joe has said previously on his blog that S5 will end with a cliffhanger. If I imagined that and started a rumor, I apologize!

Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember him saying something to that effect?
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              I'd had it in my head that Joe has said previously on his blog that S5 will end with a cliffhanger. If I imagined that and started a rumor, I apologize!

After this crazy week Darren, I would not be surprised if he did say it. I did recall reading someplace other than GW that it was going to be a cliffhanger.
              sigpic

Comment

from the GW interview with Carl Binder
                GW: Will twenty be a cliffhanger?

CB: Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah. At least I believe it is a cliffhanger. You've got to have ... you always have to have some sort of cliffhanger element, so that you can move on to Season Six!
                http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...the_soul.shtml

from Joe's blog
                PG15 writes: “1. Are you currently accepting pitches from freelance writers?

2. Will the Wraith be involved in Episode 100? Will Episode 100 end on a cliffhanger?”

Answer: 1. The end of the season is the least likely time we would be looking to freelance pitches. There is only one more episode to break - #20 - and Paul will be writing it. 2. My lips are sealed.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...lad-you-asked/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks, J_O!

The Carl interview was back in early April, so I suppose he was giving us his current impression at that time.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah, a lot could happen between then and now, see the non-cliffie!

Although, maybe, as long as we know the team is in Pegasus, it'll always be a cliffhanger? Lol.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

From the BW interview...

GW: But Season Five does end on a cliffhanger, doesn't it?

BW: ... Depends what you mean by "cliffhanger." [Laughter] Not so much. Not so much. It's a great story that Paul and Joe wrote. It's a terrific script, and there's a "What now?" aspect of it. That's for sure. But there's no fingers dangling on the edge of a cliff, as we have done in the past.

GW: Maybe more of a feel like what "Full Circle" did in Season Six?

BW: ... Maybe! [Laughter] I'm trying not to be too cryptic.
                      http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ngs_...3.shtml

Comment

I'm thinking it's more like at the end of Origin, although that was at the start of the season. My guess is that the new hostile race from First Contact and The Lost Tribe stays mostly in the background in that two-parter, and in Enemies at the Gates they finally turns their attention towards Atlantis.

Comment

i seem to recall hearing/reading something along the line of

regardless of whether we get a season 6 or not the finale will be a cliffhanger

or something along that line.

Basically I always had the idea that #520 was going to be part one of 2/3 and had been written that way, even though they had no idea if they would have the opportunity for the conclusion to end.

Cynical me? How better to try and get the network/studio to authorize a movie than to have a plot in need of conclusion?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I heard that too. Then as soon as cancellation was announced... "no.... Ep 100 was ALWAYS going to be self contained... honest injins!"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thought I heard that to. It would be cool if it was cause then they could finish it in a movie like they did was Ark of Truth, but then again they may not want to do that and just have the movie a stand alone like Continuum which I finally got a chance to see it and it was wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X