SG U: Destiny Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG U: Destiny Speculation

Well I thought to perhaps make a thread on what the new series starship will be about after more recent news has been revealed.

Now from what we know, at some unspecified time long ago, the Ancients made a new experiment to explore the universe. So first they created an automated starship seeding ship which began moving to unexplored regions where it began deploying stargates to planets. The second manned ship which seems to be called Destiny right now was set to explore the network. The Ancients however Ascended before they could complete this mission.

So what kind of technological differences would we see in the Destiny? I would imagine it would be far different compared to the Ancient City Ships which struck to me as just mobile civilian cities. The Destiny sounds like an explorer so perhaps it might be quite large. What would its power source be though? ZPMs seem to be too finite to power such a ship so perhaps it will have a more powerful energy source to keep it working. Would it be armed? I would imagine it would have drones and perhaps gateships... or perhaps a new type of gateship?

Anyway this is speculation about the technology of the two ships of the Ancient experiment; not a speculation on the series itself.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

I imagibe it has a fairly powerful hyperdrive, along with sophisticated labs. And probably a cloak, observational sateites, probably a powerful shield, i don't see it being heavily armed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      I imagibe it has a fairly powerful hyperdrive, along with sophisticated labs. And probably a cloak, observational sateites, probably a powerful shield, i don't see it being heavily armed.
      I was thinking the same thing except they said "this series will have more spacebattles than the others". Which makes me think it might be heavily armed.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        I was thinking the same thing except they said "this series will have more spacebattles than the others". Which makes me think it might be heavily armed.
        Nah, maybe a drone rack but that's it.

Comment

Nah, maybe a drone rack but that's it.
          But if this series has alot of space battles.(TPTB said it would.) It would have to have more weapons because drones are extremly limited.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            Wheres the additional info coming from?
            Speculation.

Comment

hollywood reporter, just checked. Erm Unmanned ancient ship. Travelling in to the depths of the universe, automonous, unable to return to earth? hmmm

Obviously a pretty powerful AI systme, cloak, hyperdrive, powerful shield, drones, im hoping not ZPM power because im getting bored with the search for ZPM's...obviously a stargate, at least there better be.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Speculation.
                I'll find the artical if you want. Because they did say it would have alot of space battles

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

This thing just reeks of VS meets fleet...meets BSG and Star trek
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    I'll find the artical if you want. Because they did say it would have alot of space battles
                    No, that was for Tep.

Look slike the series is de-volving into clasical sci-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      This thing just reeks of VS meets fleet...meets BSG and Star trek
                      VS meets fleets, I thought you'd like that.

Edit: Post 1,500

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Well considering it was one of their early experiments, Aesthetically we're looking for technology akin to the SG1 gate and DHD as well as the Ark Of Truth itself. Something like the ship used by the Alterans in the AoT movie...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well yes VS meets fleets would be right up my street, absolutely, considering i have been a part of both the fleets and wrote/ran for two VS, yes it most definitely is up my alley. but it depends how its done, very much depends on how its done. The whole younger audience worries me.
                          As to how the ship will be, i do hope its pre-pegasus in nature, because ancient technology in the Mw was far beyond anything we have seen in Pegasus, if thwey are going to do ancient, dont do Lantian, they are two different relaities, one is glass, modern technobable. The othe is classy, elegent, mysterious and mythological...
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

i hope they have some huge space guns but i am looking farwrd to see the ship, enemy and the cast i think this will be good series

Comment

Could we have a holodeck?

<blinks> Just kidding. I just always liked holodeck episodes on STNG.

Comment

Working...
                              X