Bringing down a 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing down a 304

Ok you're an alien commander of (select your race) and SGA is all up in your face flaunting one of its fancy new Asgard upgraded 304s. You want to make them cry and call you a meanie cheater nofairpants so you plan to blow it up, preferably while the entire main cast is all packed inside the bridge for some reason that has nothing to do with their qualifications in operating a starship.

How do you do it.

Here's the rules

-Pick a badguy species from stargate, someone who's multi planet empire has been "at war" with the mighty forces of the USAF space navy at some point in the past or present.

-You can use any mainline ship from that race you picked combined with any technology or capability they've been shown to have and any amount of cunning you want in combining them to accomplish your mission. So you can for example pick a Ha'tak and say you're going to ram them with a cloaked Alkesh after offering your unconditional surrender.

-No one off super ships/weapons.

-While you can add tech your race has to your ships in reasonable ways you can not make stuff up out of thin air. So no talking about your Ori battleship with 14 ZPMs and a cannon that shoots naked Adrias at .99c. You can apply the Ori tech in different ways or add some bits of Ori tech to your Ori ship you think it's lacking but you're not getting 3 years in dry dock and unlimited access to a genie to help you max out your ship with all the best stuff from stargate before you have to attempt this.

-The crappier the ship you can do it with the better. If you can come up with a way to do it with an Asuran copy of Atlantis nobody's really going to be too impressed. If you can come up with a halfway believable way to do it in a death glider on the other hand...

The more humiliating and cheap a way you can come up with to do it the better. The Asgard beams are cheap. The 3 shot kills on your massive warships of doom are cheap. The fact Earth can do this after 10 years while you had to work for thousands is cheap. I want you to get mad like a real alien warlord would, get angry, get just plain pissed off about how imbalanced and cheesy Earth is and try to turn the tables on them as best you can.

Is there some fatal flaw they overlooked, some way you can kill them in 3 shots. Bonus points if you find it. The more hilariously cheap the better.

Have at them!

Alright. First off, I'll try our current bad guy, the Wraith.

There are two things that pose a chalenge.

1. Shields, these asgard ones are a real tough nut to crack.

2. Beamz, which will undoubtedly try to shoot down my ship before i can do anything.

For this trick we'll need a scout ship a hive and and one of those stun bombs.
    First, get one of the scout ships to serves as a SWACS, then use it to give acucrate jump coordinates to the Hive, which will jump into point blank ranhe of the 304 (preferable behind). Once that's done, it will rapidly rengage the hyperdrive, which will form a hyperspace windown that overlaps the 304's shield.
    As the enrgy required to open a tear in space time several kilomenters across this has a very good chance of completly drainign the 304's shield and probably destroying the ship. Now if by some miracle of plot it does survive, simply lob a stuner bomb at it and you can now do whatever you please with the crew.

There is no reason this wouldn't work for smaller ships, I simply picked ahive becuase it would have the most powerful hyperspace window, and thus the greatest chance at succes.

Comment

The Lucian Alliance showed how it can be done.

And I could think of much better uses for naked Adrias than as relativistic velocity kinetic projectiles.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        . So no talking about your Ori battleship with 14 ZPMs and a cannon that shoots naked Adrias at .99c
        There wouldn't be a point at that.

You wouldnt be able to see them!!!

10 ori ships, nuff said. no upgrades. Just give the priors some training at EVASION TACTICS

Go Green

Comment

304 Destruction 101

I choose Rogue NID (having the ability to acquire Tel'taks and Gatebusters)

Ingredients

- 1x Tel'tac (Ring Transporters, Hyperspace Drive & Cloak Capabilities as standard)

- 1x Mark IX Tactical Nuke or similar device

Method

-Hyperspace Jump to wherever a 304 may be.

-Activate Cloak.

-Now; if Rings work through Shields (this is something which I've been left confused as to whether rings do work through shields), ring onboard a Mark IX Tactical Nuke or similar device, on a low countdown.

-If Rings don't work through shields; take the Tel'tak to a position inside the 304's shields and ring onboard the Nuke.

-The 304 goes kaboom. (If you're inside the shields at this point, it may be advisable to retreat/ jump to a safe enough distance, possibly exchanging the cloak in favour of the shields.
          Last edited by The Prophet; 20 August 2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

As an addon to the above, if you absolutely can't ring something in, simply acelerate untill your highly relativistic and ram them (autopilot would be recomended)

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              And I could think of much better uses for naked Adrias than as relativistic velocity kinetic projectiles.
              My thoughts exactly But I'm pretty sure my GF would kill me lol

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Enemy: Anubis
                Ship: Apophis cloaked Hatak with beaming tech.
                Weapon: Tainted Cammy like ZPM.

Cloak Hatak and go to Earth. Wait until the deadalus and the rest of our fleets is in orbit. Put the ZPM in a special device that will extract loads of energy very quickly (anything really),put it on timer, leave. Boom. Earth, and the ships destroyed. This could work around any other planet but if you have a ZPM to bust on destroying us, why not go for the jackpot eh.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Anubis never had acess to the tainted ZPM, Camus did.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    Anubis never had acess to the tainted ZPM, Camus did.
                    It'd be fairly easy to duplicate it.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Baddie: Anubis, being controlled my MY replicator blocks
                      Fleet: Atlantis mock up made out of cake
                      Weapons: None, the sheer power of cake will try to make the 304 board the cake ship, which itgets stuck and traped forever.

However the crew can eat cake!

Go Green

Comment

"The Replicarter plan"
                        Wraith/Replicator/Asuran:
                        -Open a comm channel
                        -use sound to upload a virus (like replicarter did to attack earth)
                        -selfdestruct ASAP
                        (i'm not sure it has selfdestruct, a backup plan could be to go into hyperspace, and drop out inside the nearest planet)

Ori (Prior required)
                        this plan can only be done if you know where the battle will take place beforehand
                        -build a supergate
                        -during the battle, focus on evasion while trying to lure the 304 in front of the gate
                        -dial it

"The Vala plan"
                        Any species that can get their hand on a goa'uld cargo ship (forgot the name >.<)
                        -send a distress signal
                        -when 304 comes talk them into either sending you help (technicians) or allowing you to come onboard
                        -put a bomb on the ring platform
                        (Asgards had antibomb device inside their ship, but i don't recall anyone said the 304 had the same, but well they have all Asgard toys now)

"The way too easy plan"
                        Asuran
                        Use city sensors (powered up by ZPM's) to locate the 304
                        send an aurora waiting for him as it drop out of hyperspace
                        shoot it before it can raise the shields
                        (a jumper may be able to do the trick, but well i already used the cheap city ship... )

Asuran
                        since they probed the team's mind, they should know where earth is.
                        send an aurora with at least one jumper onboard, you'll also need a ZPM
                        send the aurora to MW, go as near as possible of earth while staying out of sensor range
                        send the cloacked jumper with ZPM toward earth
                        wait for the 304 to come
                        shoot it while it has shield down
                        (edit: if the Asurans can make a control crystal to dial MW, you can skip the aurora)

(the last 2 plan are based on the fact that you try to target important spots such as shield or asgard weapons, asurans can know where they are (exept asgard weapons) since they probed mckay during S3)

i was also thinking about crashing a hive on the ship but the 304 would probably dodge

Comment

A rogue NID steals a B-2 bomber and drops 16 2000lb bunker buster bombs on a 304 hangar where the 304 was still there.

Comment

SG-1 and Sheppard's Atlantis team have been captured by the enemy and taken to their vessel, a cargo ship that has no offensive or defensive capabilities. Allow TPTB to take over from there. With the two series flagship teams onboard the enemy vessel I can assure you that inside of 42 minutes a 304 will be destroyed!!!

As a matter of fact, I am going to guess the plot device used by TPTB to down the 304: It'll be a box that when activated makes the Captain of the 304 believe that he should activate his ships self-destruct sequence!!! BAM, 304 destroyed!!!!! Foolproof and TOTALLY believable!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mmmm good thread.

Right how to do it:

Alkesh: This would require a cargo ship or mothership.

1. Setup a minefield inside a nebula or very dense asteroid belt (Preferably a nebula which tampers with the sensors in some way to hide the mines and the Alkesh). This nebula should be on the way to the Pegasus galaxy or somewere else a 304 would be likely to travel.

2. Find a way of luring a 304 into the nebula and get a cargoship with a disabled hyperdrive and sublight to transmit a continuos distress call saying it's a Tokra ship in trouble and that he/she needs rescuing.

3. Deactivate the mines and have them activate by remote operated from the Alkesh.

4. The 304 arrives in the system after receiving the distress call from the cargo ship. It approaches the nebula and enters it and approaches the cargo ship.

5. Wait for the 304 to lower it's shields to transport aboard to find out what happened to the crew. Then activate the mines near to the 304, This will damage the 304.

6. Detonate a bomb on the cargoships external hull (So the Tauri onboard can't find it) causing more damage to the Tauri ship. After that bomb has activated disable the 304's hyperdrive, sublight with the Alkesh's weapons fire and destroy any beam and railgun emplacements on the ship.

7. Now with the 304 effectively disabled pull up and extend ur ships hyperdrive bubble thing (Carter extended the cargoships over the asteroid) over half of the 304's hull and open the window effectively severing it in half.

There you go an effective very hard to pull off but with minimal resources plan. Also you could cloak a cargo ship in Earth orbit wait for a 304 to take up a stable orbit, pull up ontop of it were its missile bays arse (I don't suspect a 304 will have shields when in orbit above Earth) and wrap the bubble around the ship, decloak and immediatly activate ur hyperdrive severing it again and the crew wouldnt be able to respond in several seconds before its done.

Oh also you could sell half the ship that came with you because its bound to have some nice tech on it at very least it'll be raw Trinium which must be a very ice material to own. And send a mothership to claim the rear end if its the Oddysey hopefully the Asgard core would've been away from the severed section.
                              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                              X