a question about anubis and his technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a question about anubis and his technologies

hello everyone this is the first thread i try to write here so plz go easy on me
    soo anyways i wanted to ask u guys about something that's really been bugging me for a long time about anubis.
    now anubis was a half-ascended being and he retained all the knowledge he had when he was ascended but he wasn't allowed to use it unless he gained it as a Goa'uld.(stated in the episode "threads")so how was he able to create the kull warriors,the enhanced shields,mind probe.....??if it is possible that he gained access to ancient shielding and mind probing technologies(which i don't think is very likely) one way or the other,there's still no way that he could have gained access to the ancient technologie necessary to give life to the kull warriors since that thing (the device from "evolution")was on earth and we have it.now carter had suggested that maybe anubis created a second device using his ascended knowledge,but she did not know about the rules that limited him.
    so how do u guys think he was able to do it?? i ve been thinkin about this ever since i saw that episode and i'd really appreciate ur help in figuring it out

Originally posted by 7ammoudi View Post
    hello everyone this is the first thread i try to write here so plz go easy on me
    soo anyways i wanted to ask u guys about something that's really been bugging me for a long time about anubis.
    now anubis was a half-ascended being and he retained all the knowledge he had when he was ascended but he wasn't allowed to use it unless he gained it as a Goa'uld.(stated in the episode "threads")so how was he able to create the kull warriors,the enhanced shields,mind probe.....??if it is possible that he gained access to ancient shielding and mind probing technologies(which i don't think is very likely) one way or the other,there's still no way that he could have gained access to the ancient technologie necessary to give life to the kull warriors since that thing (the device from "evolution")was on earth and we have it.now carter had suggested that maybe anubis created a second device using his ascended knowledge,but she did not know about the rules that limited him.
    so how do u guys think he was able to do it?? i ve been thinkin about this ever since i saw that episode and i'd really appreciate ur help in figuring it out
    The rules were that he could do anything he wanted as long as he could do it as a normal Goa'uld. Hence he couldn't activate a stargate with the wave of his hand, or move from one planet to the next through whatever plane of existence ascended beings occupy. As long as he could modify Goa'uld tech to be more advanced he could do it. And since most Goa'uld tech is actually crude Ancient tech, it is completely possible that he simply modified existing shield generators to be stronger and more efficient. Same with the Kull warriors, since the sarcophagus is a more human safe version of the Ancient healing device it's possible he simply reversed the process and brought it back to what it was originally. The mind probe is also possible since the Goa'uld have those things that stick into your temple and can display memories, why not a modification to it to be a mind probe?

Just my thoughts lol
    sigpic Current Episode: Hell's Fire
    Stargate Olympus Virtual Series
    Stargate Olympus thread
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by stargateolympus View Post
      The rules were that he could do anything he wanted as long as he could do it as a normal Goa'uld. Hence he couldn't activate a stargate with the wave of his hand, or move from one planet to the next through whatever plane of existence ascended beings occupy. As long as he could modify Goa'uld tech to be more advanced he could do it. And since most Goa'uld tech is actually crude Ancient tech, it is completely possible that he simply modified existing shield generators to be stronger and more efficient. Same with the Kull warriors, since the sarcophagus is a more human safe version of the Ancient healing device it's possible he simply reversed the process and brought it back to what it was originally. The mind probe is also possible since the Goa'uld have those things that stick into your temple and can display memories, why not a modification to it to be a mind probe?

Just my thoughts lol

Said perfectly. That was the case with Anubis, and he worked the system.

Comment

Originally posted by 7ammoudi View Post
        so how was he able to create the kull warriors,the enhanced shields,mind probe.....??
        Anubis scanned Thor's mind, there he got knowledge for kullwarriors.
        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Uh... No
          Originally posted by Craig Charles
          "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Working...
          X