This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5's potential.

Does anyone else but me think this season of Altantis has the potential to be its best ever?

it has some very strong sounding stories coming up, and of course the shows 100th episode. it has some great guest stars and some really different sounded plot (granted, a few sound quite familiar) i feel Altantis could (and really should) deliver some terrific episodes this season. to ensure we get a 6th season, i just feel it has a lot of promise and i hope TPTB ensures it lives up to expectations.
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

With a network as finicky as SciFi you never really know if a show will be renewed for another season no matter how good it is. Although I agree. Season 5 has been better overall so far than most previous seasons of SGA, and it deserves a renewal. I'll reserve judgment as to whether this is the best season ever until the first half has finished being aired.

Comment

Well whether this season is the best in quality or the worst, it really depends on Ratings. Take a look at shows like Ghost Hunters. It is a show where your IQ drops by the second when you watch it. The egos from the cast and crew cannot even fit into the Grand Canyon. Yet their ratings do better than most drama shows of good quality on SCI FI. BSG which gets promoted like heck and is a great quality show also cannot top Ghost Plumbers in Ratings. Living in the U.S. I've learned that Quality and high Ratings don't exactly come into proportion with eachother. TV is truly turning into a joke, you wonder why the overall numbers for TV watching is down.

Sadly, SGA is in the mercy of the network and it's advertisers.

What's good about SGA, unlike shows like Ghost Plumbers, they do very well in Syndication markets, international markets, DVD markets, and even do well on itunes and amazon unboxed. That right there will help the show to get renewed since the production company "MGM" is likely making money.

As you can see I despise Ghost Plumbers and I will just leave it at that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
        With a network as finicky as SciFi you never really know if a show will be renewed for another season no matter how good it is. Although I agree. Season 5 has been better overall so far than most previous seasons of SGA, and it deserves a renewal. I'll reserve judgment as to whether this is the best season ever until the first half has finished being aired.
        that's what worries me, is despite great quality shows the people in charge of sci-fi seem to disregard that and go ahead and cancel a show anyway. but i agree with you with not judging the season until the first half has aired. however the second half of the season has some very promising episodes, particularly "Remnants" "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate"
        "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
        O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
        Woolsey: What does that mean?
        O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X