X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little theory of mine SPOILERS

While working, thinking about Stargate, I came up with this theory:

Spoiler for Unending and Atlantis season 3 - 5(released and unreleased)

Spoiler:
    TPTB likes to use mythology for much of stargate but they've very sparsely touched the norse mythology. But then I got thinking about the ragnarök and it's link to the Asgard and their demise in Stargate. In there Thor fight's and kills the great world snake whereafter he takes nine steps and dies.
    This can be linked to the time when Stargate Thor dies against the Goa'uld and only survives through merging his mind with the computer system of the ship he's on. His demise in Unending can also be linked to the nine steps before his death after defeating/giving aid with defeating the World snake(Goa'uld).

The Orii can be linked with the Fire giants led by Surtr. Surtr fights and kills Freyr in battle which can be linked to the death of the Agard when they commit suicide as the Orii ships arrive at their homeworld. Freyr was the name of one of the Asgard council members.

How the Orii could possibly find the Asgard cvould very well be explained by some kind of betrayal. In Ragnarök, Loki leads the Fire giants to the battle against The Asar(norse gods). It could very well have been that Loki in stargate somehow informed the Orii of the location of the Asgard homeworld so that he might be able to escape the mass suicide. He might very well be the Asgard in First Contact Episode 09 Season 05 of Atlantis.

The most interesting thing about the possible link between the demise of the Asgard and Ragnarök is that a few Asar survive the end times. Our grey little friends might still be out there. TPTB could easily use Norse mythology for a way to have the Asgard return.

So what do you think about this theory?
    sigpic
    Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
    RIP Nuada

I think Daniel knew where the Asgard galaxy was at and the Ori learned it when they read his mind.

Comment

Thats a Great theory.... i actually hope they do something along those lines... where the asgard that remain arent nice!
      "Sadly, I understood that. Where did all those Saturday nights go?" - Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
        I think Daniel knew where the Asgard galaxy was at and the Ori learned it when they read his mind.
        That's a possibility.
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

dude thy followed the oddessy to the asgard home galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by colonol wilson View Post
            dude thy followed the oddessy to the asgard home galaxy
            Dude, how? Because they didn't have The Asgard Core at first?
            The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Karhedron
            I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Loki would be an awesome asgard to see again ,if not in Atlantis maybe universe !

Comment

Even if that theory is wrong, its still most likely that the new race is somehow asgard. Wasnt it said that the enemy is seen before or something? even if not, the name "Lost Tribe" implies that its some faction of somebody we've seen before. If it was SG1, there would be many possibilities, but in SGA the only advanced races seen were the ancients, the wraith and the asgard(on our ships), so logicaly, the new enemy is somehow asgard

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                  Even if that theory is wrong, its still most likely that the new race is somehow asgard. Wasnt it said that the enemy is seen before or something? even if not, the name "Lost Tribe" implies that its some faction of somebody we've seen before. If it was SG1, there would be many possibilities, but in SGA the only advanced races seen were the ancients, the wraith and the asgard(on our ships), so logicaly, the new enemy is somehow asgard
                  Spoiler:
                  They do find an Asgard during the 2 parter where the enemy is fully revealed, but they enemy and Asgard are not the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X