Drone Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone Chair

We know that the drone chair can be moved (Stargate Sg1 The Road Not Taken) and we know that drones can be moved so could we not move the chair off world if one of our allies was getting attacked ? it was just a thought

They would have to move the chair and all the drones, think of it like moving a big building.

But they had asgard beams, so it was easier. cant beam through a gate though

Go Green

Comment

how about they set up a sensor on the attacked planet, and just fly the drones through the gate? i mean the entire set up isnt exactly mobile
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Firing drones through the Gate.
        I like that idea!

Like the guided missile SG1 used once but way more scary.
        What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
        Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          how about they set up a sensor on the attacked planet, and just fly the drones through the gate? i mean the entire set up isnt exactly mobile
          That is a brilliant idea indeed! Assuming whatever is linking the pilot and the drones doesn't get disrupted once they fly through the gate, this could be a tactic the writers should think about incorporating into the show.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Or just send a few dozon on auto pilot and have them kill things

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Voxyn View Post
              Firing drones through the Gate.
              I like that idea!

Like the guided missile SG1 used once but way more scary.
              I wonder why they didn't think of it during the Siege?

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                Or just send a few dozon on auto pilot and have them kill things
                yep which is why ive always asked how come the ancients didnt just build a bunch of puddle jumper sized drones powered by a few ZPM's and program them to hunt hive ships and such

the zpm would keep them going almost indefinatly. (from my understanding drones after being energized can pass threw almost anything given enough power and only detonate when that energy runs out or given a chair command to do so)

would have to throw in safe guards of course to prevent tampering but i dont think it would be that hard.

Comment

i always wanted to see a puddle jumper sized ship or b slightly bigger just bristling with drones pods. like its just a drone attack craft, no other purpose, like it would do hell fire drones.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think that we should design a system using the asgard beaming system,

Basically have a asgard beaming setup like in Unending and have it to jus make drones, or a weapon similar to the drones, mabey a little less complex more like our missles with a higher yield, and new propulsion system, kinnda like a photon torpedo haha

and have that system installed on out 302's and puddle jumper's like the idea above^^^ with hellfire drones,

This tie's in with the thread because all you would have to do is make a M.A.L.P big enough to hold the rig and launch the missles, because then you can remotly controll the M.A.L.P and the "drones" it fires,

But the M.A.L.P would have to be quite long too provide enough launchers too make a diffrence, either that or mabey a group of them,

and this could fit in with the chair idea, because then all you would have to do is have the M.A.L.P as a temporary thing whilst you set up camp, and then install a larger system wither underground or in a cave or somewhere isolated, that could fire larger ammounts of the weapon.

_________________________________________________________________
                    also the drone chair is sort of moveable, you cant just move the chair, you need to move all of the equipment it is hooked upto.

But the fireing of the drones through the stargate would work because the signal that is being transmitted to the drone woud be transmitted through the stargate, as radio waves can be transmitted through the stargate, so it would be sucessfull to firethem through the gate,

Also the reason they didnt fire the drones through the stargate during the Siege, is because they would have needed the ZPM to dial atlantis aswell as fire the drones (which were in short supplie) so they would not have been able to, aswell as the fact that they would have destroyed the gate room on there way out haha. However if they needed to now, say the team connot disengage the clock for somestrange reason and needed to destroy a ship that is in orbit and wont go away, they could open the gate to earth and let the drones fly XD
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Fifth One View Post
                      We know that the drone chair can be moved (Stargate Sg1 The Road Not Taken) and we know that drones can be moved so could we not move the chair off world if one of our allies was getting attacked ? it was just a thought

no ally would be worth the loss of the drone chair. its too inportant to loose because it controls the only wepon atlantis has. plus it would mean the end of moving atlantis cus you need it to fly the city. if oyu really want to defend them with drones send the puddlejumper. it has 8 drones and we have at least 20 jumpers so do the math.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I hate this idea AGES! ago, like in the second season of atlantis. Actually the first, because my plan was to use the drone platform in antartica to fire drones at the hives using the ZPM from moebius to dial the gate to pegasus. it would take some amazing skill with a drone chair btu they could easily network the chair in antartica to atlantis's chair with the drones beign fried out of one silo, through a gate, linked in to another chair and then out and at the hives.

It would work much better without needing to go intergalactic, but this was the first idea i had liek ages ago, just after the siege aired.

it has 8 drones and we have at least 20 jumpers so do the math.
                        160 drones is not many...
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Considering you need like 4 to down a cruiser.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Considering you need like 4 to down a cruiser.....
                            I counted 20 in Travelers. (Yeah, that was nerdy of me.)

Comment

In Condemned they seemed to do a lot of damage with just the one drone if memory serves so I'm guessing if you are skilled enough and deliberatly try to use the drones sparingly then 160 could go a very long way.

Comment

Working...
                              X