Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about "Unending"

Ok...

So at the end of Unending (that sentance doesn't make much sense really does it?) we see Carter reverse time with Teal'c trapped in his little bubble. Everyone else de-ages, Teal'c remains the same... how can time properly reverse without Teal'c's presence? Surely it can't, or there would have to have been two Teal'c's... one in the bubble, one reverse ageing so as to allow the timeline to properly proceed backwards... um.. receed?

Anyway... there we go...

Thoughts?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

There are numerous threads about the Two Teal'c thing, but never one like this.... Am i correct in saying that you think time can actually not receed backwards without all the players being present? It's an interesting point...

I have no idea what to make of this TBH.
    Meh.

Comment

Exactly. It would be a paradox, one that I can't even put into words, because it's so damn difficult to envision. But try watching "Children of The Gods" for example on VHS (not dvd), and then at the very end, remove Teal'c. Then rewind the vhs, with Teal'c still gone. How on earth can the movie occur? You can't reverse play Teal'c liberating the prisoners on Chulak, because he's not there, none of the interactions are there, so you cant progress backwards.
      Last edited by Flyboy; 19 August 2008, 02:04 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Exactly. It would be a paradox, one that I can't even put into words, because it's so damn difficult to envision. But try watching "Children of The Gods" for example on VHS (not dvd), and then at the very end, remove Teal'c. Then rewind it the vhs, with Teal'c still gone. How on earth can the movie occur? You can't reverse play Teal'c liberating the prisoners on Chulak, because he's not there, none of the interactions are there, so you cant progress backwards.
        Agreed, by the way, green for the nice analogy there, kind of got it clearer in my head too!!!
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Exactly. It would be a paradox, one that I can't even put into words, because it's so damn difficult to envision. But try watching "Children of The Gods" for example on VHS (not dvd), and then at the very end, remove Teal'c. Then rewind the vhs, with Teal'c still gone. How on earth can the movie occur? You can't reverse play Teal'c liberating the prisoners on Chulak, because he's not there, none of the interactions are there, so you cant progress backwards.
          hurts my head trying to think of this but yeah, you have a very valid point. How do you think these things up?

I wonder what TPTB would say in response to that. . . .
          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
            hurts my head trying to think of this but yeah, you have a very valid point. How do you think these things up?

I wonder what TPTB would say in response to that. . . .
            It is rather painful isn't it?

I think it's because I'm actually a rather dense individual, I see what's there and that's generally it. Luckily it's not just what's on screen but what's happening. If time reverses, but teal'c is seperate to that, then he cannot reverse, and thus time cannot reverse correctly.

Anyway, glad I'm not the only one to see this, I too would love to hear the writers comment. Isn't there some blog or something that people post questions like this to?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozi's blog yes, but i doubt he would have a very straight forward answer to it, or agree with us seeing as it would sicredit the entire last epi of SG-1
              Meh.

Comment

Working...
              X