Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning Metal Doors

Hi All

I noticed in Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Episode 17 ‘Midway’ that the Wraith were trying to get in the Midway control room using Wraith Stunners.

Would a Wraith Stunner actual do anything to the Metal Door? We’ve seen Ronan’s Gun (aka travellers gun) shot holes through metal door but how would a Wraith Stunner have an effect on a Metal Door.

Bit of a Waste of time or is they some Logic behind it?
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 19 August 2008, 01:23 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

They used a wraith stunner to blast through something recently as well, i cant remember what exactly, but something, in S5 at least. But i suppose that the kinetic energy of the stunner might do some damage, it has been shown to knock back some people, so it has some kinetic force to it...
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

The wraith stunner is still a form of energy weapon, be it low powered, but still a low powered energy weapon. So if you shoot a energy weapon at a magnetic seal you might just disrupt it, or the energy builds up creating a large ammount of heat its all speculation,

But it may be that the wraith can "tamper" with the power source to increase the output to make it more powerfull
      sigpic

Comment

Truth being that the Wraith had broke through that door faster if they licked it.

Stunning a door doesn't seem efficient.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well it could work. In the episode Sateda a stunner staff destroys a wooden box with a single shot.

Comment

i dunno why they didnt use their wraith grenades
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
              Well it could work. In the episode Sateda a stunner staff destroys a wooden box with a single shot.
              a wooden box is not a metal door. if you stun a glass window, will it break?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                i dunno why they didnt use their wraith grenades
                you mean the stunning grenades? i'm not sure but wouldn't they affect wraith as well as humans? But how would that open the door?
                Meh.

Comment

Didn't Shep or so use one of them and it rather went "boom!" than "fweeeeeeezzzzz"?
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

In the THIRD episode of the series the wraith soilders damaged the jumper by shooting at it with stunners. It was the cause of the whole episode. Clearly they have higher settings and have since the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                      you mean the stunning grenades? i'm not sure but wouldn't they affect wraith as well as humans? But how would that open the door?
                      no in season 1 the defiant one shep used grenades from a dead wraith, he activated one and it went off after he threw it.....

tptb must of forgotten it after the seasons went on
                      sigpic

Comment

I forgot the wraith had grenades, as have the writers it seems.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          I forgot the wraith had grenades, as have the writers it seems.
                          i'm with you on that one!

O and your getting close to 10,000 posts!!!!
                          Meh.

Comment

I know, the fleet guys have been waiting for days! I have a big guide im waiting to post but i dont wanna spam to get to 10k, been almost 4 years in the making, not gunna spoil it lol
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                              I know, the fleet guys have been waiting for days! I have a big guide im waiting to post but i dont wanna spam to get to 10k, been almost 4 years in the making, not gunna spoil it lol
                              4 years, geeez, I wish I had gotten involved that long ago!

I'm fairly new, only been here a few months so i'm working towards the 1K mark first.

Good luck
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X