This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 not as funny?

Alright before people get angry at me, this is not to bash SGA. I love SGA. It is infact the best Sci-Fi show I have watched. Its brilliant, I am addicted to this show.

However, this season seems to lack the joke or the humour element, like we saw in previous seasons of SGA. Although, there are some moments, but only a few giggles, not actually a laugh.

I will be devastated if they don't renew for another season

What are your thoughts?

I'll bite... What exactly do you mean when you want it to be more funny? Can you give an example maybe?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
      Alright before people get angry at me, this is not to bash SGA. I love SGA. It is infact the best Sci-Fi show I have watched. Its brilliant, I am addicted to this show.

However, this season seems to lack the joke or the humour element, like we saw in previous seasons of SGA. Although, there are some moments, but only a few giggles, not actually a laugh.

I will be devastated if they don't renew for another season

What are your thoughts?
      Well the show has gotten darker. Take Friday's nights ep for an example. the characters are more faced with dilemas and have to deal with the loss of other characters. But the humor is still there, it's just not overkill. Friday's ep for an example really had no room for too much comic relief.
      sigpic

Comment

What I mean by funny is the Joke factor. Rodney's Jokes aren't that funny anymore, neither are the other characters. Examples...well going to have to digg through wikiquotes. Will take a while

Comment

What I mean by funny is the Joke factor. Rodney's Jokes aren't that funny anymore, neither are the other characters. Examples...well going to have to digg through wikiquotes. Will take a while
          I thought the Ronon bit was pretty funny in Friday's ep. "He is just talk and all talk" .
          sigpic

Comment

maybe there hasn't been funny jokes, but woolsey's had some comic moments.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              maybe there hasn't been funny jokes, but woolsey's had some comic moments.
              Yes! Green for you! Woolsey had the confrence room moment and then getting tranported to the other side of Atlantis.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I thought the Ronon bit was pretty funny in Friday's ep. "He is just talk and all talk" .
                That I really did laugh about . But as I said there are hints of humour .

Well the show has gotten darker. Take Friday's nights ep for an example. the characters are more faced with dilemas and have to deal with the loss of other characters. But the humor is still there, it's just not overkill. Friday's ep for an example really had no room for too much comic relief.
                Its not halloween . Perhaps your right. But every Sci-Fi show that I have watched(its a big list) as always got a humour side to it. Whether its chessy or not they have always given me a giggle/or a big laugh.

Daniel Jackson is in the next episode . Great to see. Lets see the rating for that . I hope it beats Eureka .

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Yes! Green for you! Woolsey had the confrence room moment and then getting tranported to the other side of Atlantis.
                  or getting lost attempting to find the cafeteria.
                  Last edited by naamiaiset; 17 August 2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Daniel Jackson is in the next episode . Great to see. Lets see the rating for that . I hope it beats Eureka .
                    He is?

Comment

Sorry Daniel won't appear there are 4 episode between Daniel's episode and GiTM
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The show's definitely gotten more dramatic this season.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Sorry Daniel won't appear there are 4 episode between Daniel's episode and GiTM
                          Darn, I was getting excited there for a second.

More on topic, I'd say Atlantis still has its fair share of comedic moments.

Comment

Season 4 was very humorous compared to season 5. Season 4 had a lot of funny gimmicky episodes. S4 of SG1 was the same way, and S5 of SG-1 took itself a bit more seriously as well.

Its good to balance the humor and seriousness out once in a while. This isn't Red Dwarf

Comment

personally, i always wanted Atlantis to get a little darker, and that's what seems to be happening this season. but we still get the comic relief, which i do like (eg. Woolsey being sent to the other side of the city) Ghost in the Machine was a great episode because it was so serious yet had a couple of comic moments. however i do like the occasional fun episode.
                              "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                              O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                              Woolsey: What does that mean?
                              O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X