F305

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F305

When will we see it and what will it do?

We've upgraded our battlecruisers and now it's time to update the fighters.

Search function is your friend please use it next time.

But anyway the 302's are brilliant as they are theres no real need for a new fighter craft. They outclass the darts and gliders and even in DV they didn't appear to loose any of them.

Upgrading them would be a good idea but there already in mass production and we must have hundreds if not thousands of them by now. But upgrading them would be costly but very effective as new engines small shield generators (Asgard must have them or Jumper ones) some sort of Asgard enery weapons they would be overly powerful ships.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I think the real problem with the new tech would be the power, we do not have a powersource to power a fighter-hyperdrive or puddlejumper shields. Even the puddlejumper cannot maintain it's shields for a long period of time.

Comment

I agree with that the F-302s are very good fighters.

But if they would have to upgrade them, it maybe would be much more easier to build a new design(especially if they want a fighter which can go throught gates). The F-302 develpoed before the Prometheus and Earth in that time didn't have any Asgard technologies, so if they want fighters with Asgard equipement, maybe they could only do that with building a new type fighter.

Some people used to compare this with real nowadays military technology. They saying that "The militaries usally don't changeover it's military equipment in 6 years, rather they upgrade them" and things like that. The only thing they forget to mention is that the difference between the Stargate SG-1 6th season and SGA 5th season Earth technology is hundred or thousand years.

But I would be happy if they keep the F-302, with some upgrades if the developers wants.

Comment

I think you guys tend to go overboard with upgrading new fighters and ships. Let's be realistic here. The US doesn't even have the resources to design and create new fighters and new aircraft carriers every ten or so years, so thinking they can build a new generation of battle cruisers and fighters every few years in Stargate is unrealistic. Not to even mention the cost it would take. It would cost easily 200 billion dollars at LEAST to build a single battle cruiser and at least 10 billion to build an f302. It costs the space shuttle about $2 billion every launch just to prep and fuel it. It also costs about $2 billion to build a B2 bomber.

There's no reason to build a new generation of space craft in the Stargate universe. Upgrades and modifications are reasonable, but to completely redesign everything is unrealistic.

Comment

well, some new engines, and a few railguns wouldnt hurt?

Comment

Or a shield?
              Originally posted by Craig Charles
              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

too big, to powerconsuming, unnessecary. a skin of ceramic polymer, better engines, two 3 barrel railguns of 5mm firing plasma slugs[the bullets would plasmafy], and a jumperdrive. call it the 302A, use it as a stellar/interstellar defence.

Comment

I think the 302's now are fine. Any enemy they come in contact with gets completely wiped out (Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith or the ones from Daedalus Variations).

We could improve on what we already have but when it starts getting overloaded with tech it starts to decline in its advantage. A shield would need a whole new system to be added. Newer rail-guns or plasma weapons would be fine but the power source might be emptied faster.

A fighter ship is nothing without a trained pilot. So basically with our pilots, we are unbeatable. We just don't have a HUGE amount of trained fighters since the program is still a secret.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

it would be cool to see a F302 variant with something like asgard pulse lasers, i say pulse because the beam lasers seem to move to slow to be viable in a dogfight.

this could help reduce the cost of arming the f302 in the long run, not having to replace missiles and ammo every time it uses one or the other

Comment

I think it's the engines that are in the most need of upgrading.

Solid fuel seems a bit outdated considering what we can do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mik3y View Post
                        It would cost easily 200 billion dollars at LEAST to build a single battle cruiser and at least 10 billion to build an f302. It costs the space shuttle about $2 billion every launch just to prep and fuel it. It also costs about $2 billion to build a B2 bomber.

There's no reason to build a new generation of space craft in the Stargate universe. Upgrades and modifications are reasonable, but to completely redesign everything is unrealistic.
                        Don't you think building a huge intergalactic warship in 1 year is unreallistic too?

Alhtought, I like F-302 and I would be happy if the developers keep them. And yes they did a good work against most of the enemy fighters(excepting Ori fighters, because there wasn't any F-302 vs Ori fighter fight in the series).

Anyway Stargate have many unreallistic things.

Comment

that intergalactic warship is 500m long, and made by dozens and dozens of individually contracted companies.

the f-302 is fine. like i said, alter its engines, so you dont need fuel, add a mark I or mark II generator, and some railguns, and its good to go for annother dozen years [in real life, fighters dont get replaced untill some 30 years]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            that intergalactic warship is 500m long, and made by dozens and dozens of individually contracted companies.
                            Do you know how many time it takes to build a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, which is about 330 meters long?

Comment

Actually most of stargate's stuff is based on real stuff.
                              Originally posted by Craig Charles
                              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Working...
                              X