Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would the communications have gone out? (GIM spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would the communications have gone out? (GIM spoilers)

the headset communication system that the expedition system uses is most definitely earth-based radio, which has no tie-in with the Atlantis systems. So why would the Asurans invading the Atlantis/Jumper computers be effected and cut off by that action?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    the headset communication system that the expedition system uses is most definitely earth-based radio, which has no tie-in with the Atlantis systems. So why would the Asurans invading the Atlantis/Jumper computers be effected and cut off by that action?
    Because they probably used Atlantis' own com grid for the radios.

Comment

Plus, it depends on how "simple radio" they are.

It seems more like a smart voice activated system, it's obviously not just a widecast system. So does each person carry around a little box holding the channel/freq/ph# for everyone else, and it does it's own voice activated dialing? Or does the system route all calls through a central computer/switchboard?

Sheppard: McKay, want some lemons?
      computer: processes call, sets up link to McKay.
      McKay: Blah blah blah blah citrus blah blah blah.

So I would see no problem with the computers being messed up and knocking out the standard comms. Makes me think they should have a nice Motorola radio in each room at least for backup purposes.

Comment

I assumed it took over all systems including the Earth based ones.
        Visit my Website

Comment

large amounts of static discharge ionize the air breaking up radio communications, and it probably took over the earth based systems too

Comment

Originally posted by Eberhardt View Post
            large amounts of static discharge ionize the air breaking up radio communications, and it probably took over the earth based systems too

I assume there would be all kinds of interference

Comment

Working...
            X