This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky Machine

So I was reading the blogs on wired.com, as usual, and I found this article:

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...-tv-pilot.html

With further checking through a link that they list sure enough Atlantis season 5 episode 5 "Ghost in the Machine" has been leaked onto the internet a day early. Anyways how do you feel about episodes being leaked? Do you feel it hurts the ratings or helps them?

Note: I beleive the policy on gateworld forums is to NOT talk about where you can find this episode online and sharing that information. I have complied to it.
    Last edited by DaCk; 14 August 2008, 02:58 PM.

» LOL. I think it's done on purpose by TPTB or one of the other big people in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      » LOL. I think it's done on purpose by TPTB or one of the other big people in charge.
      But why would they do that to the fifth episode of the season? I mean the first episode of the season i could understand. To build the "buzz." But come on the fifth?

Comment

TPTB never has anything to do with leaked episodes. It wouldn't be a very good business maneuver because it diminishes viewer numbers and ratings if enough people watch the leaked episodes. The only time it could possibly be advantageous is for the season premiere, however the premieres are leaked after they are sent to various media outlets for reviews (put two and two together).

Comment

These leaked versions are only watched by those who download (usually people who are not of US-origin or don't have access to SciFi) and/or hardcore fans.

Casual viewers will most likely never even know the episodes were leaked. And since they are the larger group, it shouldn't hurt viewer numbers much in the grand scheme of things.

However, I do believe leaking something to the net could be done to build a hyp of sorts. It can hurt a show, but it could also benifit from it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
            So I was reading the blogs on wired.com, as usual, and I found this article:

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...-tv-pilot.html

With further checking through a link that they list sure enough Atlantis season 5 episode 5 "Ghost in the Machine" has been leaked onto the internet a day early. Anyways how do you feel about episodes being leaked? Do you feel it hurts the ratings or helps them?
            How do you know it was leaked? Just because there's a link that says it is that episode doesn't mean it is, there's all sorts of fake stuff on the internet.

Comment

If Ghost in the Machine has leaked, it's not...out there yet, trust me.

I don't think it has leaked, to be honest.

Comment

There is indeed a file out there BUT all the reports I've read say it's a fake...

Comment

Nope it isn't out just the usual fakes.

Comment

Working...
                  X