This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Arrival

Ok. Here's all I can remember about a film I'm trying to locate.

It was sci fi. It was about an alien invasion of earth, but a covert one, the aliens looked like humans by and large and had some major facilities, possibly government, a lot of them wore orange overalls and hard hats. The key thing about these aliens is that they could bend their knees the opposite way and thus run a lot faster as they were a kind of spring board. I have a hunch it was set in Australia.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Flyboy; 10 September 2008, 01:37 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I'm convinced that the film you're describing is The Arrival starring a goateed Charlie Sheen. Ah. I've just watched the trailer for it at the IMDb, and yep, that is it. Good film, btw.

The Arrival trailer.

The aliens had quite a unique way of cleaning up any evidence of their existence.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
      I'm convinced that the film you're describing is The Arrival starring a goateed Charlie Sheen. Ah. I've just watched the trailer for it at the IMDb, and yep, that is it. Good film, btw.

The Arrival trailer.

The aliens had quite a unique way of cleaning up any evidence of their existence.
      Thankyou SO much.

That is exactly it!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i was going to say that i have it on DVD, it is pretty good!! theres a funny scene where sheen chases an alien through mardi gras lol!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

They beat me too it, but yeap it's the Arival.

Speaking of Sheen; I love his character in Two and a Half Men.
          Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Thankyou SO much.

That is exactly it!

Hey. You're welcome, FOB!

I'm not taken, yet.

Have you watched it yet? Tell us what you think of the film when you get the chance. Ta!
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Oh, man. I haven't seen The Arrival in a very long time. That was a good movie though. I'm going to have to get a hold of it now, give it a re-watch.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Don't forget the direct to video sequel, not staring Charlie Sheen. If I recall correctly, it's called The Arrival II: The Second Arrival. [not joking]

Or maybe The Arrival II: Arrival Harder. [joking]
                I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  Hey. You're welcome, FOB!

I'm not taken, yet.

Have you watched it yet? Tell us what you think of the film when you get the chance. Ta!
                  I haven't had a chance to rewatch it since you named it for me, as soon as I have cash I'll order it from Amazon or somewhere and tell you guys how much I enjoyed seein it again. I remember watching the last half of it somewhere around ten years ago and thinking it was a brilliant film, I loved it for it's subtle alien invasion theme that's echoed in shows and films like The X-Files and The Invasion, but as it was so long ago, I could remember hardly anything about it. For some reason it popped into my head the other day when I was trying to think of a good sci fi film to watch, with the majority I had access to being far too... "grand" and in the style of "Aliens" or "War of the Worlds" (I settled for watching "Signs" instead).

As for the sequel, I'll have to check it out, as dodgy as it may seem.

And Freeman, nice to know.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

HURRAH!

Finally gotten a copy of this movie and sat down and watched it this evening.

I was not dissapointed. Starts off as a brilliant conspiracy movie, very subtle, the sort of thing you might expect in an X-Files episode, and it was definitely the stronger for it. As the film progresses Charlie Sheen does an excellent "crazy-paranoid man". When we get to the later half of the film and the full plot is revealed, I think it was very clever, and very nineties . Not too sure what else to say, other than I enjoyed this immensely, I don't think the sequel is on DVD in Britain however so I'm a tad irked about that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      HURRAH!

Finally gotten a copy of this movie and sat down and watched it this evening.

I was not dissapointed. Starts off as a brilliant conspiracy movie, very subtle, the sort of thing you might expect in an X-Files episode, and it was definitely the stronger for it. As the film progresses Charlie Sheen does an excellent "crazy-paranoid man". When we get to the later half of the film and the full plot is revealed, I think it was very clever, and very nineties . Not too sure what else to say, other than I enjoyed this immensely, I don't think the sequel is on DVD in Britain however so I'm a tad irked about that.
                      I didn't think the sequel was that great to a follow up of this movie. It has much negative reviews.

Charlie Sheen isn't in the film, and the story line was horrible , and the graphics are really lame also.

Watch it if you come across it... but i wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

Comment

That was a good movie. The sequal not so much.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X