This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S5 New badguys???spoilers

okay so i am not sure should i have posted this on season 1 or here but i put it here because it might be more relevant here..

so i have been re-watching the series and just watched the season 1 episode Hot Zone.. in the episode atlantis got infected by nanovirus.. in the end of the episode McKay said that the virus was not made by the wraith.. so i was wondering did they say in any of the later episodes that who created that virus?
    so now i first thought of the new bad guys.. could the virus have been made by them? if wraith didn't do the virus then by who.. why would Ancients make the virus just to kill all humans because they could just as easily make that device that kills all life including wraith.. and nanotechnology would indicate replicators but weren't they human friendly until McKay went to rewrite their base programming after which the replicators could rewrite it also..
    Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
    HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

they didn't REALLY say who created it ! but what we do know is :
    - someone created a virus that killed humans
    - the Ancients created nanites to kill Wraith (similar in form to the nanovirus)
    - those nanites assembled themselves to create humanoïde forms (the Asurans)
    - their was an attack command in their base code to attack the wraith
    - the Wraith turned off this attack code
    'everyone live in peace'
    - nowdays McKay reactivate this attack code and now the Ausrans in order to kill wraith begin to annihilate humans

==> the original nanovirus was certainly a creation of the Asurans to kill Wraith food supply

everyone's OK with me ?
    sigpic
    ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
    ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Originally posted by mammon View Post
      okay so i am not sure should i have posted this on season 1 or here but i put it here because it might be more relevant here..

so i have been re-watching the series and just watched the season 1 episode Hot Zone.. in the episode atlantis got infected by nanovirus.. in the end of the episode McKay said that the virus was not made by the wraith.. so i was wondering did they say in any of the later episodes that who created that virus?
      so now i first thought of the new bad guys.. could the virus have been made by them? if wraith didn't do the virus then by who.. why would Ancients make the virus just to kill all humans because they could just as easily make that device that kills all life including wraith.. and nanotechnology would indicate replicators but weren't they human friendly until McKay went to rewrite their base programming after which the replicators could rewrite it also..
      Uh this would be more appropriate in the season 1 area as the answer to this question is kind of explained in season 3.

Spoiler:
      The Ancients were responsible for the nanovirus but it evolved into the Asurans.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Actually, its quite possible it was another Ancient experiment the Wraith turned upon the human natives.

We know what and who di what to the Replicator attack code, and as nanites make up the replicators, its highly probable that the virus released by the ancients against the Wraith, was the precursor to full blown replicators, thus acting on the same basecode, the wraith could have reprogrammed them for human killing

C40
        So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
        “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

Does anybody know if the new atlantis badguys are the gray monsters from daedalus variations? they look pretty badass and even ronan had no chance 1 on 1

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

The aliens from TDV were a one off enemy, unless they are brought back in another season. The aliens from the mid-season two-parter have never been seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron 40 View Post
              Actually, its quite possible it was another Ancient experiment the Wraith turned upon the human natives.

We know what and who di what to the Replicator attack code, and as nanites make up the replicators, its highly probable that the virus released by the ancients against the Wraith, was the precursor to full blown replicators, thus acting on the same basecode, the wraith could have reprogrammed them for human killing

C40
              Doesnt make sense though since the Wraith want Human to eat, not kill them.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Indeed as said above, the DV aliens won't be appearing again this season from whats been said so far though they might come again next season.

Comment

The Asurans made them:

WEIR: I think they look at the Ancients like parents who betrayed them, and now they see humans as the favoured siblings who receive all the parents’ love. They’ve been seeking revenge ever since.
                  SHEPPARD: Just what we need – more bad guys.
                  McKAY: Which means we’ve probably just identified the race that created the nanovirus that nearly killed me a couple of years ago.
                  (John looks up at him.)
                  SHEPPARD: It almost killed a lot of people.
                  McKAY (nodding): Yeah.
                  TEYLA: Were you not able to defeat that nanovirus with an electromagnetic pulse?
                  McKAY: That was different. Those were individual nanites, easy to disrupt with a simple EM pulse. These ... these things have evolved way beyond that, with interdependent organic constituents of a far greater complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    The Asurans made them:
                    You mean the nano virus right?
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
                      Does anybody know if the new atlantis badguys are the gray monsters from daedalus variations? they look pretty badass and even ronan had no chance 1 on 1
                      JM confirmed it's not them. They were a one off AU enemy that may make a return appearance next season.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I always though the Asurans evolved from nanovirus
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            JM confirmed it's not them. They were a one off AU enemy that may make a return appearance next season.
                            now I see how easily can one have almost 15000 posts
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Then we must hope for a next season. Because those aliens were so cool. Not as cool as the wraith

Comment

Working...
                              X