Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Gate Network Theory? Prove or disprove.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Gate Network Theory? Prove or disprove.

Multiple Gate Network Theory:

Ninth chevron jumps between gate networks, no not galaxies, networks.

Stargates have red crystals(sometimes the glow looks orange, but I'm pretty sure it's red). These red gates(I'll explain pegasus later) are free access gates, open to anyone to use and they number approximately 78% of all gates in the ancient's network(ori not included because the ancients didn't build them).

However, ever wonder how you could have trade between planets and not bog up the gate? Need to dial home under fire...whoops, crates of potatoes going through, have to wait.

Answer is Ancients build several gate networks on different 'frequencies'. Wormholes on one frequency wouldn't interfere with others. You could have two wormholes to earth simultaneously on different networks because they are constructed differently.

Orange gates...cargo transfer. Puddle jumper-like trains would carry cargo through these gates, which would be located on large, populated worlds in addition to the red gates(color is based on the crystals, by the way).

Green gates would lead to secure facilities...shipyards, safehouses, armories, training facilities, etc...basically all the good stuff you don't want the average villager to stumble onto.

Yellow gates...VIP transit system between ultra-high security locations. Only a handful of these gates. Very exclusive. Mind you, the ancients only gave the asgard a red gate.

Violet gates...these are larger than normal, but not quite supergate size. They are the reason why ancient warships don't need intergalactic hyperdrives. 100 or so strategically placed in the void between stars within a galaxy provides transit for ancient ships between various sectors of the galaxy. Since they are not near stars or planets, no one would know where they were unless they knew where to look, which is why the Goa'uld never found them. Also explains why ancient ships were long and narrow.

Blue gates(non pegasus)...these were dangerous locations, maybe a research outpost near a black hole or a planet dangerously close to a star. Locations with value, but definitely not safe. Step through one of these and you die without precautions. Experimental research would also be on this network.

All of these networks were established in MW and the rest of the ancients' domain, but not Pegasus. Pegasus gate network was established after the plague killed the ancients. The ones who traveled to Pegasus were infected and seeded the new galaxy with life+advanced one set of humans as far as they could(maybe our level, a little more or a little less) but they couldn't push their development to their level.

These sub-ancients inhabited decontaminated parts of Atlantis while the true, infected ancients coexisted in otherparts. They taught these 'new ancients' and gave them the city piece by piece as the plague knocked the ancients off one by one. Some ascended, which the neoancients observed and saught to copy throughout their existence(which lead to their pacifistic policies and indifference to other matters). Once the last of the ancients died the remainder of the city was sterilised and the neoancients carried on the work of their predecessors.

Pegasus gate network was deemed an 'experiment' hence the blue color, but was not part of the blue network. It was deliberately isolated to not allow contact with the plague in other galaxies. The pegasus galaxy(which can only be left through Atlantis's gate crystal) was kept isolated later on as a precaution against the wraith expanding beyond the galaxy. So pegasus gates have blue crystals because the humans in the galaxy were an 'experiment' after the plague, but it's not part of the blue network.

The 9th chevron is dialed last, in case of a 7 symbol address in galaxy it would technically be 8th, and an access code is prompted by flashing chevrons on DHD. Once the proper response is inserted the gate activates and JUMPS networks. Example...red gate connects to green gate with ninth chevron added after address. Intergalactic address (8 symbols) + gate jump = 9th chevron.

------------------------------------------------------
    I have yet to find any reference in any episode that can disprove the MGN theory...and many that hint at it, Midway especially. Feel free to chime in. I've vetted this idea thoroughly but I could always have missed something.

Note: Colors and number of networks are purely speculative save for Red and Blue(which we've seen)
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Previous episodes have dropped hints...here are some of them.

1. Ancients build ships with slow hyperdrives when they had the tech to travel between galaxies...why?-----Answer, they had the violet medium gates for travel between sectors of a galaxy or even galaxies and didn't require an intergalactic drive on their ships.

2. Lack of necessary machinery and manufacturing capabilities on Atlantis. Where did they make zpms, drones, warships, etc?-----Answer, some other facility that hasn't been found. Why hasn't it been found by the Tauri, Goa'uld, or Wraith? Because it's on a different network.

3. How could the ancients have traveled and transported cargo through the gates without bogging them up with traffic and basically rendering them unuseable?-----Answer, a different gate network, Orange gates, to transport massive amounts of cargo through, leaving other networks free for personnel travel.

4. Why are Pegasus gates a different color?-----Answer, Pegasus was deliberately isolated to avoid plague contamination and later on Wraith leaving the galaxy. Restarting the human race was deamed an 'experiment' and potentially hazardous so they were designated blue gates even though they didn't connect to the blue intergalactic network.

5. Anubis's wormhole redirection program(gate forwarding) shows that the gate network does have the capability of some security protocols against unwanted visitors above and beyond a shield that will kill inbound travelers. But the lack of any access codes being required to activate the gate and travel to restricted worlds suggest either a lack of forethought on the part of the ancients...or some other security measure not yet discovered.------Answer, multiple gate networks for secure facilities. Simple, sweet, secure.

6. Adria's manipulation of the DHD with the flashing symbols suggest some greater function than simply dialing addresses.-----A code prompt with flashing symbols in order to access other gate networks isn't a great leap of logic.

7. Morgan established a separate, mini gate network to protect and move Merlin around.-----Answer, this isn't an original idea of Morgan's, just a miniature repeat of the multiple network idea.

8. Rings are like mini stargates, why don't they connect to stargates and vice versa?----Answer, they operate on different frequencies so they don't interfere with each other, just as the multiple gate networks do.

9. Puddle jumpers are elongated so they can fit through the gate. Aurora-class warships aren't smooth, but they are also elongated. Why?----Answer, so they would fit through the violet medium gates.

10. Orlin's mini gate had 7 chevrons, why?-----Answer, he only needed to dial locally, which suggests that the 8th and 9th chevrons aren't just asthetic, they have a dedicated function. It also proved that a small gate can connect to a larger one, so it is possible to gate jump from say a red to a violet and fly a puddlejumper through if you really, really needed to.

11. Why didn't the goa'uld or wraith recover tech or manufacturing facilities to make ancient weapons, zpms, atlantis-class cities etc?-----Because they weren't on the red network for them to find, and most of their exploration was through the gates, not by ship to uncharted star systems.

12. Why did the Asgard have a red gate if they are in a different galaxy?-----Answer, color doesn't indicate galaxy, it indicates something else. Hence, different gate networks.

13. Why is Atlantis's stargate 'the one and only link back to earth'?-----Answer, pegasus gates are on different frequency than MW gates and would require a gate jump, but MW gate DHDs were never programed with Pegasus frequency and codes...and vice versa because Pegasus network was supposed to be completely separate and isolated. Special dialing crystal in Atlantis gate has more than just the ability to use the 8th chevron...it resets the gate's frequency temporarily to allow travel to the MW, or in the case of a wormhole from earth, resets Atlantis's gate's frequency to allow an incoming wormhole without a network jump command or code...which the Lanteans knew that primitive humans on earth wouldn't have because they had never installed the Pegasus frequencies or codes in the MW DHDs.

14. Why is there a midway station? Why not just travel directly through the gate bridge?-----Answer, pegasus gates won't dial MW gates without the special dialing crystal. They can't connect. That's why midway has one from each galaxy in their gateroom and why an incoming wormhold from pegasus doesn't connect with the MW gate instead of the Pegasus gate. In fact, in theory you should be able to have both gates in the midway station activated simultaneously since they are on different networks. McKay even noted they were on 'different networks' without realizing the significance of this.

Comment

simple to disprove: why didnt heliopolis have a yellow gate?

Comment

The big question to all of this is:

From where do you get this information? Is it all just your speculations?
        sigpic
        Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
        RIP Nuada

Comment

its pure and utter speculation

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post

The other colors are speculation. The other gate networks...somewhat. The Ancient hyperdrive mystery suggests a 'super gate'-like network in order for the slower ancient ships to get around when you know very well they had the tech for the faster ones(even Atlantis had fast hyperdrives). The reason I said medium gates is that the Ori supergates were just a tad bigger than their motherships, and from onscreen I thought the Aurora-class ships were narrower than the Ori ships, which would indicate a smaller gate-width(which would also mean less power used).

Cargo gates make sense for the reason I stated and also the stargate's extraordinarily large size...much larger than a person needed to walk through. It suggests gates are used for vehicular traffic(as noted by puddle jumpers) as well as foot traffic.

Green gates...well that comes from the lack of industry and production facilities in Atlantis(and elsewhere in either of the two galaxies). If you don't make drones in Atlantis, the most secure facility you have, then where would you make them? A secure gate network makes sense.

Yellow gates...least evidence here, mainly just a guess that the higher eschelon ancients would want a private travel route for ultra sensitive matters.

Comment

did it occur to you that atlantis is a base of operations like the SGC, and area 51 produces and develops the tech? so the ancients did use atlantis for research of the stuff they got through. but it wasnt produced there

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                simple to disprove: why didnt heliopolis have a yellow gate?
                it could be said because the asgard, nox, and furlin came there too, maybe yellow is only for ancient VIP's, would explain why the asgard have a red gate.

P.S. I like this theory, it makes sense and would lead to endless more story telling, and i hope this is a direction tptb are going towards .

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with SG-1 to comment one way or another, but I like the idea, and like you said, it gives quite a few options for stories in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                    1. Ancients build ships with slow hyperdrives when they had the tech to travel between galaxies...why?-----Answer, they had the violet medium gates for travel between sectors of a galaxy or even galaxies and didn't require an intergalactic drive on their ships.
                    Slow hyperdrives? Since when?

8. Rings are like mini stargates, why don't they connect to stargates and vice versa?----Answer, they operate on different frequencies so they don't interfere with each other, just as the multiple gate networks do.
                    No they're not...

Comment

Nice theory except for the fact that we know it's not true. We already know what the 9th chevron is for (at least those of us who read SG:U's much debated premise) and it's not for some inter-network jumping.

I wouldn't go into details and disprove your points because nearly all of them are pure speculations. This does not mean however that what you're saying is a bad idea. It's just not the direction TPTB are going with the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                        Nice theory except for the fact that we know it's not true. We already know what the 9th chevron is for (at least those of us who read SG:U's much debated premise) and it's not for some inter-network jumping.

I wouldn't go into details and disprove your points because nearly all of them are pure speculations. This does not mean however that what you're saying is a bad idea. It's just not the direction TPTB are going with the show.
                        I've seen the premise of SGU and I truly hope that it's just an idea they're floating and not committed to...because it is truly ridiculous. Regardless, until the show is actually made nothing is set in stone.

Atlantis was originally planned to have been in Antarctica and not the Pegasus galaxy...and the writers changed that before the series went to air. I truly hope they rethink SGU or it could kill the stargate franchise. (They also hinted that it would take place millions of years in the past and not have anything to do with earth...in my book stargate isn't stargate without the Tau'ri involved.)

Naonak...the slow hyperdrives were mentioned at least once in Aurora. That is why they were trying to upgrade them to the intergalactic version in order to get back to Atlantis faster. A standard Asgard hyperdrive would have been there in hours, if not minutes, and Ancient tech is far superior to Asgard.

The Ring to Gate connection possibility is because they are supposed to be fundamentally the same technology but adapted for different uses. We know from SG-1 that rings use different frequencies in order to get past shields and such. Daniel inferred in the Season 7 finale that since the ancients made the stargates there were probably rings down below the ice as well. To me this means they are based on the same technology.

Comment

Its got potential. I like the concept not entirely sure of it, but i would buy that the ancients had a use for the 9th cheveron and switching between gate networks would work. The fact we havent seen any ancient production facilities in stargate make me wonder if they are hidden somewhere on a private network.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

I've seen the premise of SGU and I truly hope that it's just an idea they're floating and not committed to...because it is truly ridiculous. Regardless, until the show is actually made nothing is set in stone.
                            We already had this discussion and I can only repeat myself: don't judge it on a premise. This may turn out to be a really good idea if done properly.

Atlantis was originally planned to have been in Antarctica and not the Pegasus galaxy...and the writers changed that before the series went to air. I truly hope they rethink SGU or it could kill the stargate franchise. (They also hinted that it would take place millions of years in the past and not have anything to do with earth...in my book stargate isn't stargate without the Tau'ri involved.)
                            Nothing's set yet so it's absolutely possible they will rethink the story. Another possibility is that it will never be made.

Naonak...the slow hyperdrives were mentioned at least once in Aurora. That is why they were trying to upgrade them to the intergalactic version in order to get back to Atlantis faster. A standard Asgard hyperdrive would have been there in hours, if not minutes, and Ancient tech is far superior to Asgard.
                            The ancients did have intergalactic hyperdrives they just didn't install them on all their vessels. Auroras were designed (or at least their primary function was) to fight the wraith and they were only present in PG. What's more if Auroras had intergalactic hyperdrives the wraith would already have that technology as we know they captured some ancient warships.

The Ring to Gate connection possibility is because they are supposed to be fundamentally the same technology but adapted for different uses. We know from SG-1 that rings use different frequencies in order to get past shields and such. Daniel inferred in the Season 7 finale that since the ancients made the stargates there were probably rings down below the ice as well. To me this means they are based on the same technology.
                            No they're not. He said it because all ancient sightings in MW had ring platforms. The stargates create artficial wormholes btw two points in space. There's nothing like that in case of the rings they just transport a matter stream. It's like saying that a camp fire and a micro-wave owen is basically the same tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post

He got it from drugs..

He free'd his mind..

It was too much.. Just too much

Comment

Working...
                              X