Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 - SciFi Wire: Exclusive: Wire Cracks Stargate Command

From SciFi Wire:

(Please follow the link for the complete lengthy article.)

Exclusive: Wire Cracks Stargate Command

12:00 AM, 13-AUGUST-08

SCI FI Wire took part in a VIP tour of the top-secret NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) facility located at the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, just outside of Colorado Springs, Colo., on Aug. 7. I'd like to tell you more, but sorry--it's classified, and, well, you just don't have clearance.

Actually, although Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station is a top-secret facility, there's much the general public is allowed to see. But before I describe those things--let me remind you of why you might recognize the name Cheyenne Mountain.

If you've seen the film WarGames, then you might recognize Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station as the home of the chess-loving supercomputer Joshua, who nearly destroys the world with a game of Global Thermonuclear War.

If you remember the post-apocalyptic television series Jeremiah, you may recall that Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station was the home of the Thunder Mountain group that was attempting to unify the survivors of the Big Death. Or if you're a fan of Stargate SG-1 you know that Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station is the home of Stargate Command.

The tour was not allowed to go into the Command Center (or see the Stargate--which, in fact, they denied existed), but other than that I can say without hyperbole that the tour was totally awesome.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I was watching mall call on the history channel and he was touring the Cheyenne Mountain complex and this is no joke they have a door in there that says stargate command and when you open the door it’s a supply closet

Comment

Originally posted by whiteout49 View Post
      I was watching mall call on the history channel and he was touring the Cheyenne Mountain complex and this is no joke they have a door in there that says stargate command and when you open the door it’s a supply closet
      I guess there's one or two SG1 fans in there
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

There's also an interesting article on Cheyenne Mountain at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=56973

And FAST FOOD NATION, the book, actually had a few very interesting pages about Cheyenne Mountain in it as well

Comment

Working...
        X