This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why August 29?

There is said to be a break on 8-29. I understand the lack of a new episode for 8-8-08. Who would want to compete for ratings against the olympics. But why the 29th? There is probably an obvious answer for this, and I will feel stupid when someone tells me!

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
    (one of my favourite lines)

Labor Day weekend which is a major vacation time for Americans
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I do feel stupid! We have Labour Day in Canada as well. Besides I am living in the states!

Comment

Atlantis is getting a lot of breaks this season. But they are only a week break, and there will be no hiatus between season halves.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Atlantis is getting a lot of breaks this season. But they are only a week break, and there will be no hiatus between season halves.
          That's good. I hate mid season hiatus'!

Comment

Originally posted by lacka1986 View Post
            I do feel stupid! We have Labour Day in Canada as well. Besides I am living in the states!
            Thats nothing. I had a classmate from Canada ask me what "mi" stands for
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I hate them too. Fortunately I Live in the UK and they don't last very long over here
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Thats nothing. I had a classmate from Canada ask me what "mi" stands for
                mi? Michigan? Mission impossible? I am drawing a blank on mi....

Comment

I think MI stands for Michigan, anyway I " think " it's the abbrevation for Michigan, as AZ is for Arizona. But hey I'd ask the same thing

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

MI stands for Michigan (state abbreviations are captial letters) and mi means mile.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

MI stands for Michigan (state abbreviations are captial letters) and mi means mile.
                      Why is it surprising that a canadian wouldn't know mi? we use km, kilometres.
                      Man we are really getting off topic! lol

Comment

I know. I'm part Candian and vacationed there many times. I always drive down the road trying to convert in my head mph to km per hour. In conclusion, no SGA episode on the 29th due to Americans enjoying the end of summer
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I know. I'm part Candian and vacationed there many times. I always drive down the road trying to convert in my head mph to km per hour. In conclusion, no SGA episode on the 29th due to Americans enjoying the end of summer
                          My American friend and I drove up to Canada together. She happened to be driving when we crossed over, and she thought that she could go 90 mph when it was really 90kph. It was hilarious...

Comment

I actually like the mid season hiatus. Without the split the season would be over faster and there would be a much longer wait for a new season to start. I know I am in the minority but hope this is the only season they do this with.

Comment

My American friend and I drove up to Canada together. She happened to be driving when we crossed over, and she thought that she could go 90 mph when it was really 90kph. It was hilarious...
                              Similar thing happened to me once, but the other way round.

Originally posted by jjmulli View Post
                              I actually like the mid season hiatus. Without the split the season would be over faster and there would be a much longer wait for a new season to start. I know I am in the minority but hope this is the only season they do this with.
                              I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X