Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some modifications for F302

Stargate project has knowledge from begining to today about fighters
    like Death Glider, Dart, Ori Fighters and own experience on F301 - F302.

My Offers are;

1. DHD
    2. Flexible wings design for gate activity
    3. Rail gun adaptation
    4. Plasma weapon ( reverse engineering from Goa'uld or Ori )
    5. More stable naquadria power generator for hyperspace capability
    ( for tactical assault or defense strategy)
    6. Dart beaming storage transport capability
    7. Cloaking

And finally more effective F302

( All adaptations are possible with exist tecnology . There is no need to do for these modifications )

What do you say ?

Originally posted by zarat View Post
    Stargate project has knowledge from begining to today about fighters
    like Death Glider, Dart, Ori Fighters and own experience on F301 - F302.

My Offers are;

1. DHD
    2. Flexible wings design for gate activity
    3. Rail gun adaptation
    5. More stable naquadria power generator for hyperspace capability
    ( for tactical assault or defense strategy)
    6. Dart beaming storage transport capability
    7. Cloaking

And finally more effective F302

( All adaptations are possible with exist tecnology . There is no need to do for these modifications )

What do you say ?
    1. why not?
    2. Except for holding missiles, there is no point on keeping the wings. We should maybe switch to the system used by the Puddle Jumper
    3. & 4. If you want it to go through the gate, you should maybe make a choice...
    5. I fear that naquadria is inherently unstable. But why not?
    6. For troop transport that would be cool!
    7. Even on our biggest ships we've not managed to make a viable cloaking system (Odysseus was modified by Priorized Daniel "Merlin"ckson, so it doesn't count (yet....)).

Indeed those technology exist but some are still barely understood by SG research teams. And don't forget that the only thing that count is the Will of the TPTB.
    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Only problem with the wraith transporter beam on it is that humans are knocked out when they are taken. Only Wraith are uneffected.

I think they already have railguns on it if I'm not mistaken. They make the same noise and all.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
        1. why not?
        2. Except for holding missiles, there is no point on keeping the wings. We should maybe switch to the system used by the Puddle Jumper
        3. & 4. If you want it to go through the gate, you should maybe make a choice...
        5. I fear that naquadria is inherently unstable. But why not?
        6. For troop transport that would be cool!
        7. Even on our biggest ships we've not managed to make a viable cloaking system (Odysseus was modified by Priorized Daniel "Merlin"ckson, so it doesn't count (yet....)).

Indeed those technology exist but some are still barely understood by SG research teams. And don't forget that the only thing that count is the Will of the TPTB.
        Thanks for posting.
        - Please more explain for 3 & 4
        - Cloaking problems can solve with some helps from Tok'ra. They have this tecnology for along time.

Comment

I think he means that 3 and 4 are most likely rather large items and that including both of them would probably make it too big to go through a gate.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            Only problem with the wraith transporter beam on it is that humans are knocked out when they are taken. Only Wraith are uneffected.

I think they already have railguns on it if I'm not mistaken. They make the same noise and all.
            Thanks for posting

- We have seen this tecnology used by another human race with some modifications reverse engineering in previous season ( I think maybe this side effect can solve some modifications like technical or medical)

- Yes, If I'm not wrong we have seen only episode daedalus variations. So, this is alternative reality. We have only missiles on F302 for combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              I think he means that 3 and 4 are most likely rather large items and that including both of them would probably make it too big to go through a gate.

Thanks for posting

- Maybe flexible wings design can solve size matters of F302. For gate using
              F302 can pull back wings.

Comment

Wouldn't a human designed combat jumper do all those things without the fuss of researching and intergrating all those technologies?

Comment

One and two are kind of conditional based on each other. If it has a DHD it would need the folding wings too, unless someone can fly them sideways. Its possible, I mean, I think some fighter jets today have wings that can "transform" and move via hydraulics. Don't quote me on that.

Rail guns are pretty big, remember in The Seige trilogy, they had to be crew served. And the plasma weapons would require a significant amount of power. Maybe when we can make our own ZPMs this will be more practical. That also goes for the hyperspace tech, Naquadria is just too unstable for us to use it.

I don't see a problem with the Wraith beaming storage, when we saw the device(s) on the episodes "Duet" and "The Ark" it didn't look that big. Perhaps not using it for troop transport but just cargo would be more applicable currently.

I don't remember actually seeing a cloaking generator on the show, so I cant comment on its size but if there is one in a Puddle Jumper it can't be that big or require to much power.

- Lindbergh

P.S.
                  Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  Wouldn't a human designed combat jumper do all those things without the fuss of researching and integrating all those technologies?
                  Why settle on just one type of aerial combat vehicle? How many handguns can do the exact same thing but are different? We can use the 302's for combat and the Jumpers for troop transport. Activate the cloak and drop a few squads behind enemy lines.
                  My signature go bye-bye, Lindbergh is sad.

Comment

Thanks for posting

- Maybe flexible wings design can solve size matters of F302. For gate using
                    F302 can pull back wings.
                    My question is if you decide to fold the wings what's the point in keeping them?

- Either remove them
                    - or make them shorter
                    - or use Needle-threader Goa'uld design (but maybe it would look too much like Starwars?)
                    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Actualy, we do use naquadriah in our power cores, as long as you don't try to draw too much power from it, your fine.

Comment

Thanks for posting

- We have seen this tecnology used by another human race with some modifications reverse engineering in previous season ( I think maybe this side effect can solve some modifications like technical or medical)

- Yes, If I'm not wrong we have seen only episode daedalus variations. So, this is alternative reality. We have only missiles on F302 for combat.
                        In the episode "No Man's Land" they used rail guns on the fighters.

the goa'uld and ori don't have plasma weapons but the addition of plasma weapons on f-302's would make some epic space battles

KEEP IT CLEAN
                        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Actualy, we do use naquadriah in our power cores
                          We do? Which power cores? I don't remember that being mentioned. Last I remember the idea to use naquadriah as a power source was scrapped. I thought it was just used in the GateBusters. Ill have to re-watch the series......awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindbergh_Baby View Post
                            We do? Which power cores? I don't remember that being mentioned. Last I remember the idea to use naquadriah as a power source was scrapped. I thought it was just used in the GateBusters. Ill have to re-watch the series......awesome.
                            I think it's a pretty good asumption, after all, it performed adrmirably untill the whole hyperspace thing, and even then you could still us it in controled jumps.

Comment

Yes, admirably, right when it killed Daniel. But seriously, I don't remember us ever getting the stuff to work. I thought Anubis was the only one who used Naquadriah successfully.

Edit: Sorry, I just checked out the Stargate.wiki page for Naquadriah. It was used on Prometheus's and a 302's hyperspace tech. Just ignore me, I can't remember yesterday.

- Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                              X