This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the midway station!

Ok I was thinking after the Stargate the Ark of Truth ,there are a number of supergates around in the ori galaxy. Why not just use it to travel to and from the Pegasus Galaxy and our own. There has to be a way to power it. All they need to do is take apart one from th ori galaxy and move it to the planet where Atlantis is. Theres already one in Milky Way and was used in the Ark of Truth. So what do you think good idea?

I think the technology to construct or take apart a Supergate went with the Ori
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

No that would be a huge risk. Imagine the Wraith somehow gain acces to it. They would be able to send hives to the MW in no time. Earth has the ancient but I'm pretty sure Wraith would deal with it. They're afterall familiar with ancient defense tech and they would just make more warriors and nothing could prevent at huge fleed to send darts down and start a culling. There would simply by a lot countries unable to defend themselves against the Wraith for long.

Comment

Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing the Supergates again.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

what about a GIANT iris? hehehe, but i agree with fifth, i don;t think we'll ever see them again. i would hope that they would take apart the supergate on both ends and never be able to use them again
          sigpic
          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

On the supergates, how come they needed it to get to the Ori galaxy instead of just using their hyperdrive?

Comment

They didn't know where it was.

And it was probably too far away; that's why the Ori ships came here by gate instead of by hyperspace.

Comment

I agree that the Ori, AKA the original Ancient galaxy, was too far away to make the trip feasible. Remember that the Ancients spent thousands of years moving through the cosmos before they found our galaxy; that's thousands of years at hyperdrive speeds, stopping(roughly) every few hundred years when a new galaxy was found, and then more decades to explore and evaluate it before deeming it unfit, and moving on. It's quite possible that the Ori galaxy is on the other side of the known universe.
                It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Re; The supergate instead of the hyperdrive.

For the same reason why they use the stargate instead of puddle jumper to get from one planet / solar system to another. It's a far more efficiant method of travel.
                  http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Where it got idea, that Ori galaxy got many supergate? I think that there is only one supergate like in Milkyway.
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

simple

supergates require a blackhole to power them, and i dont think anyone left in the series has the tech needed to collapse a planet or star to create a black hole or to position the pieces of a supergate around an existing one.

and also the supergates were tied into to the priors/doci/ori to use them (only those people on an ori ship coudl activate them)

Comment

Yeah, there's only one SuperGate in The Milky Way, and I think only one in the Ori Galaxy.

And indeed, they didn't know where it was, that's why they had to use it. It would be funny to see though, were eg The Daedalus every to fly outside of the Pegasus Galaxy the other way they come from, suddenly they were in the Ori Galaxy.

But maybe that's unrealistic, as the Ancients kept the Pegasus Galaxy hidden from the Ori, and hiding a neighbouring galaxy is probably not something you can do?

Maybe someday, in Stargate Universe?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Yeah I agree that it's safe to say we've seen the last of the Supergates as they were part of the Ori arc.

Comment

We would have to create a blackhole, in the same way as in Beachhead. Also we would need enough ships to move the parts to the Pegasus. Also it would be hard to create a iris a few microns from the supergate when the gate is this large. Also creating a blackhole and probably dial the supergate would alert the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by NorseGuy View Post
                              No that would be a huge risk. Imagine the Wraith somehow gain acces to it. They would be able to send hives to the MW in no time. Earth has the ancient but I'm pretty sure Wraith would deal with it. They're afterall familiar with ancient defense tech and they would just make more warriors and nothing could prevent at huge fleed to send darts down and start a culling. There would simply by a lot countries unable to defend themselves against the Wraith for long.
                              Agreed. That would be way too big of a risk. Better to just destroy them.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X