Ok Stargate Continum Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Stargate Continum Spoiler

Ok I saw it does this mean that Mitchell is his own Grandfather .I mean their are a lot of space time paradox they just made in that movie.Man did thye leave that open

I didn't quite understand it myself. There was the Captain Mitchell on the boat, who came down and saw his identical twin--our Colonel Mitchell. So how did he explain things? Was our Mitchell his own grandfather, or did he just say "Uncanny resemblence" and leave it at that? I hope someone's got the answer...
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Nope. He met his grandfather which would've been impossible if he was his own grandfather. It's just Ben Browder played both roles.

Comment

Its just like Fry from futurama
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
          Ok I saw it does this mean that Mitchell is his own Grandfather .I mean their are a lot of space time paradox they just made in that movie.Man did thye leave that open
          Watch it again, I think it's the last scene but when they are in the locker room at the end and they leave Mitchell's locker pop's open and inside is the picture of his grandfather with his boat he mentioned earlier in the movie and mitchell is standing right beside him. If that doesn't say he's not his own grandfather then I don't know what would.

Comment

We just added the movie to our Netflix list... I've seen some bad reviews. What does everyone feel over all about the film?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              We just added the movie to our Netflix list... I've seen some bad reviews. What does everyone feel over all about the film?
              Like all Stargate over the last couple of years, people's opinions are pretty polarised. Personally, while it has some flaws, I loved it. (and I'm clearly right )
              You should probably just check out the Continuum discussion board and try to avoid spoilers.

And Mitchell isn't his own grandfather...

Comment

Umm, no...Mitchell isn't his own grandfather...

Where'd you get that? The Mitchell that traveled back would have just lain low. Maybe said 'Uncanny Resemblance', like someone said, and then vanished. He'd have to.

Besides, the captain of the Achilles' name wasn't Mitchell. They just call him 'the Captain of the Achilles' in the credits.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Ah well, a lot of movies that have a time traver there are some weird part to it but heh..
                  What would Chuck Norris do?

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                    it was awful, just like Ark of truth, just like every season beyond season 8.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                      it was awful, just like Ark of truth, just like every season beyond season 8.
                      LMAO. I liked AoT and I like Continuum. I also didn't mind season 9 or 10 of SG1, even though I couldn't stand Vala when she first came in and was barely tolerable by the end.

My point - take most opinions here, and everywhere for that matter, with a grain of salt. Decide for yourself what you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                        Lets say grandfather Cam is number 1
                        Cam that had to escape from the Tok`ra city and travel in time to kill Bal on the ship (Is number 2).
                        And then there is:::
                        Cam from this timeline, the one that has a picture of number 1 and 2 in his locker.

The picture has his grandfather and number 2 the other Cam.
                        What would he be to himself?? Who was number 2 to number 3?
                        A friend of his grandfather, a twin to Grand Cam? Or was he "the adopted son"
                        of grandfather cam!!!
                        Last edited by Chevron999; 11 August 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                          LMAO. I liked AoT and I like Continuum. I also didn't mind season 9 or 10 of SG1, even though I couldn't stand Vala when she first came in and was barely tolerable by the end.

My point - take most opinions here, and everywhere for that matter, with a grain of salt. Decide for yourself what you think about it.
                          Exactly. Make up your own mind. Though personally, I loved it. You know those kind of clothes that feel a little off, maybe they don't fit right or are too big, but after a while they feel as comfortable as old leather? Continuum felt like that. And after watching it again, that feeling proved right.

But I also love Ark of Truth with a fierce passion(Teal'c hikes over mountain ranges with a hole in his back to save his friends, how can you not love that?), and I like the last two seasons of SG-1. So...
                          It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                          --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

He just defeated Ba'al with his own grandfather and they went together on this picture. He knew his grandfather, but his grandfather didn't know who he was, but he didn't have a child or did other mayor things, because that would have screwed the timeline according to stargate (Mobius, Before I sleep)

Comment

I liked Continuum a lot more than AoT, but I thought AoT was decent. Continuum was great though.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                              X