If you could modify the Earth gate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could modify the Earth gate.

We've seen various updates and modifications made to gates through the years and my question is this; how would you update the Earth gate if you could?

We saw Anubis update a gate so that it would detect any unwanted visitors, store them in its buffer and then send them to an alternate location.

I think this would be a useful modification to the Earth gate. It'd be great if they could tap into the buffer and see who they were letting in.

We saw the gate modified when Teal'c was trapped in its buffer. It did ruin the DHD but with Atlantis info there must be a way of doing it properly.

We could also put a shield in.

I'd mod it so no extra-galactic wormholes can connect to it, forcing the Atlantis Expedition to rely less on Earth and be more cut off.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

if there was a foothold situation, theres a ramp leading to the gate otherwise if there wasnt you would have to level it with the floor so what you do it remove the ramp a little bit back mechanically so the ememies falls and extra have a trap door at the bottom that goes along way down...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        if there was a foothold situation, theres a ramp leading to the gate otherwise if there wasnt you would have to level it with the floor so what you do it remove the ramp a little bit back mechanically so the ememies falls and extra have a trap door at the bottom that goes along way down...
        not a bad idea!

The other one would be to raise the platform and give it a sharp edge so that the unwanted. traveler rematerializes right onto the edge of the platform and dies.
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
          Isn't this a modification to the ramp and not to the gate?

Comment

Wow some people have some weird minds. I would modify it kinda like anubis, but it would detect the dna of the person, there would be no password thing required.
            sigpic

Comment

I would add the lifts the Aschen added to theirs to send the food to other planets, but instead of facing up it faces down. So when incoming travelers come, they are transported to a room a few feet below. And if they are baddies, you just close the top and pump in killing gas. If their good have it move like an elevator up and they just walk out.
              Visit my Website

Comment

I would modify a gate for the Midway station (if it's rebuilt in the future)... so that if it detects Wraith life-signs it redirects them to one of the gates in space placed between the galaxies.

I would also modify a gate to detect Richard Woolsey and redirect him to a deserted planet where he would rematerialize upside-down

Comment

Not woolsey, we should have done that on kinsey.

We could modify the gate to convert matter, we could turn enemies into useful resources like naquadah, trinium, or neutronium.

Comment

i would change it so that if you dont send an idc it stores you in the buffer and then sends you to a random world in the middle of nowhere, hope it has an atmosphere that's breathable...

Comment

Working...
                    X