This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnies, comedic episodes

Where has all the fun stuff gone? Yeah, there are jokes in most episodes, but I remember the good old days when the entire episode was funny on SG-1. The only really funny one we've had was Irrisistable! I don't know, maybe I'm just wrong, it happens, rarely, lol, but come on, where are the laughs?

CLICK MY DRAGONS AND HELP THEM GROW UP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!)
    Or click here: http://dragcave.net/user/Meganone06
    These are my friend and neighbors babies, she is new so please be nice to her!

This is her scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/SmokeyRose

jokes died in the same day when creativity died
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Bashing aside, I think you could probably include Harmony and maybe Irresponsible in the comedy episode category.

While I somewhat enjoyed both Irresistible and Harmony, a lot of people didn't, and barely anybody liked Irresponsible. I would definitely say that they didn't come close to Window of Opportunity, 1969, Urgo, 200, etc. I'm not sure if that type of episode would really work on Atlantis, although it's hard to say without a classic example like SG-1's had. Atlantis has a slightly different sense of humour to SG-1, more leaning towards the snarky side of things.

Comment

Well maybe they will make some funny ones again, however i'm more than satisfied with the great episode with the funny lines in it, like the ones we are seeing now.

Comment

To tell you the truth. I never saw any of the eps on SGA as funny. They were just really corny. I realize I should probably have laughed at the sarcasm and such but that never struck me as funny...just lame commentary which did nothing to tickle my funny bone. This goes double for the SG1 eps I saw, which I thought were even bad corny jokes. I was on permanent (cringe) alert.

The funniest scene I saw was in Progeny, Ronon getting backhanded by Oberoth.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Meganone06 View Post
            Where has all the fun stuff gone? Yeah, there are jokes in most episodes, but I remember the good old days when the entire episode was funny on SG-1. The only really funny one we've had was Irrisistable! I don't know, maybe I'm just wrong, it happens, rarely, lol, but come on, where are the laughs?
            I liked Irresistible better when I looked at it as a serious episode...

Comment

I think "duet" was meant to be a comedic episode in SGA. "irresistable" is just annoying to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                To tell you the truth. I never saw any of the eps on SGA as funny. They were just really corny. I realize I should probably have laughed at the sarcasm and such but that never struck me as funny...just lame commentary which did nothing to tickle my funny bone. This goes double for the SG1 eps I saw, which I thought were even bad corny jokes. I was on permanent (cringe) alert.

The funniest scene I saw was in Progeny, Ronon getting backhanded by Oberoth.
                I thought Window of Opportunity was alright. The humor wasn't over done and unlike in Irresistible at least the antagonist's motivation wasn't fame and hero-whorship.

Comment

» What do you mean? Every episode seems to be comedic now ...

Comment

Well, everyone episode of Stargate has a little bit of comedy.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Well, everyone episode of Stargate has a little bit of comedy.
                      Hence the reason I find them ALL to be utter failures. I see the attempt but it comes across as a "knock, knock" joke of sorts. <----That's not funny.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

What's bad with comedy???????
                        You know laughing extends your life?
                        It also strengthens your facial musles and makes old age come later on your face.
                        Widens your lungs....
                        Scares your neighbours at 3 o'clock in the morning( which is always funny unless they bring the police)....
                        Funniest episode was Duet, (i am lucky i have understunding neighbours)
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...