Wraith cousin in milkyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith cousin in milkyway

I just watch episode s02e10, " Bane", is episode name and there are "mighty ugly bugs", like O'Neill calls it. It look distantly Iratus-bug. Are this different variation from iratus?
    Asgard in memoriam

Cances are not, those bugs would turn their victim into more bugs, while the Iratus siply feeds of it's victims.

Comment

There was a topic about this not even a week ago.. ..

They look ALOT diffirent

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Cances are not, those bugs would turn their victim into more bugs, while the Iratus siply feeds of it's victims.
        There is no info about Iratus-bug. Maybe those bugs first duplicate own number and after that make changes / feed on it. And even their cource of action are different, it not turn of that they can be related.
        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Completely different bugs.

Are dragonflies and mosquitos the same? No...
          Visit my Website

Comment

The only similarity between those two was the fact that they are both big fake bugs.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
              There is no info about Iratus-bug. Maybe those bugs first duplicate own number and after that make changes / feed on it. And even their cource of action are different, it not turn of that they can be related.
              Iratus Bug hatches from eggs, so there breeding is quite different.

And of course those bugs are gonna feed on the host as they grow incide them, it's not rocket science to realise that all animals feed.
              Meh.

Comment

werent those bugs the people of the planet who got infected and turned into bugs some how?
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  werent those bugs the people of the planet who got infected and turned into bugs some how?
                  the bugs grew from within the victims. The victim became a cocoon sort of thing which allowed the Bane-bugs to grow and eventually burst out.
                  Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                    the bugs grew from within the victims. The victim became a cocoon sort of thing which allowed the Bane-bugs to grow and eventually burst out.
                    The Bane bugs (the RPG called them Infestation flies) were large green dragon fly bugs with stinger tails and wings. The tail was used to sting another living creature after which the infected beings body was converted into a cocoon to spawn more of the bugs. So essentially, the larger the host body, the more bugs were produced. Goa'uld healing abilities could not stop the process and only slowed it down and the host was driven into a state where they sought darkness and tried to be isolated.

Really, there is no similarity between the Iratus bug and the Bane bug beyond both being insectile creatures. Mind you, if the Bane bugs evolved into a Humanoid form and became a scourge on the galaxy, I think they would be quite nasty. I mean the Wraith feed off Humans but the Bane bugs would have needed Humans to propagate their species... nasty.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Completly different, there is no indication they are somehow related. The only thing related from the Pegasus and Milky Way are humans, because they were both created or affected by the Ancients. Though maybe those crystal lifeforms are somehow related, though I prefer the milky way ones

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                        there is no indication they are somehow related.
                        Except size, both got tail, fluted wisp, both got humon for breed.
                        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I just watch episode s02e10, " Bane", is episode name and there are "mighty ugly bugs", like O'Neill calls it. It look distantly Iratus-bug. Are this different variation from iratus?
                          i disagree. they are completely different species. for example the mw bugs breed by infesting hosts and the iratus bugs are hatched.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Except size, both got tail, fluted wisp, both got humon for breed.
                            That's hardly a sign of relation... the Bane bugs were a lot larger being the size of the Human chest in length roughly while the Iratus bugs were larger then a Human hand. Also, Iratus bugs don't need Humans to breed, they require lifeforms to feed on while the Bane bugs require lifeforms to infest in order to reproduce.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                            X