Mistake in stargate symbols/language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistake in stargate symbols/language

First and for most this thread was posted not to show that stargate is wrong but to ask the writers to be more thorough. It is not to offend the writers either.

With that said, I have always wanted to analyze things like stargate symbol pronunciations, planet locations, etc.. and today i have been working on figuring out what the symbols stand for. Open the following attachment to se what I mean.
    Attached Files

*throws it on the growing list of mistakes and inconsistencies*
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Do you really care about that minimal detail in that entire episode?
      Visit my Website

Comment

It is not about looking for details it is more like noticing mistakes. And then seeing who was right

Comment

I'm confused. How are any symbol sounds except those for those from the Lost City known?

Comment

We know Proclarush Taonas's adress is. And we know what Castiana/Taoth Vaclarush's address is. Daniel jackson said that the stargate symbols formed the ancient name of the planet. If you divide Taoth Vaclarush into 6 syllables you will find that the Ta / o part and the Clar / ush parts in both are different. The other two symbolls are not necessary true but from the address this what they are. The name of the other planet is told to daniel by a ascended ancient posing as the hollowgram in atlantis. Hope it helps

Comment

I see. Probably the writers just being lazy, but I'm sure one could think of plenty of explanations, I just don't feel like it now.

Comment

Elisabet Weir says, that Ancients language evolved rapidly, so must have with gate addresses.
                Asgard in memoriam

Comment

most likely a different dialect

Comment

Does it matter? It doesn't affect the storyline at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X