This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet of the Apes Box set

I went into town today walked into HMV and seen the planet of the apes box set with all the orignal films was on £7, what a bargin cant wait to get stuck into them. Does anyone else like these films i love them.
    sigpic

Absolutely adore them, even in spite of the sharp decline in quality as the series went on.

Tim Burton's remake was an abomination and I refuse to ever watch anything he does because of it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Absolutely adore them, even in spite of the sharp decline in quality as the series went on.

Tim Burton's remake was an abomination and I refuse to ever watch anything he does because of it.
      I didn't mind the remake, although it doesn't compare to the original. I think all directors have their high and lows when in the movie industry, and wouldn't stop watching a particular director's movie just because he's made one or two bad movies.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i still have the boxset of video's

1-3 were good 4,5 not so good

remake.............. can be summed up with "take your stinking remake back, you damn dirty ape!!"
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
          I didn't mind the remake, although it doesn't compare to the original. I think all directors have their high and lows when in the movie industry, and wouldn't stop watching a particular director's movie just because he's made one or two bad movies.

I thought the remake was good, but then i seen the orignal and realised the remake was poor, i also got the karate kid 1 2 and 3 for 8 quid, a good days shopping
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah after I saw this thread I realized how long it had been since I'd seen the TV show of POTA so I went straight to eBay and picked up both the live-action and cartoon ones. *laugh*
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              I used to think that way....then I saw Burton's Planet of the Apes.

Comment

i love the planet of the apes movies.

best plot twist ever at the end of the first one.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

oh, and the remake was god awful.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Yeah after I saw this thread I realized how long it had been since I'd seen the TV show of POTA so I went straight to eBay and picked up both the live-action and cartoon ones. *laugh*

So is the tv series any good??? as i have only seen the movies.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm probably not the best person to ask about that, as I'm a die-hard fanboy of all things (non-remake) Planet of the Apes.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                        i love the planet of the apes movies.

best plot twist ever at the end of the first one.
                        much better than the twist in 'signs'

Spoiler:
                        rofl, aliens that cant go near water coming to a planet covered in it!!!
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                          much better than the twist in 'signs'

Spoiler:
                          rofl, aliens that cant go near water coming to a planet covered in it!!!
                          ha ha shocking
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                            ha ha shocking
                            isnt there a really lame twist in his latest film as well

Comment

Of course there is. I have no idea what the "twist" is, but that's M. Night Shyamananalananan's 'thing'.

Comment

Working...
                              X