This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Atlantis personell for season 5

Has anyone else thought about the new character Captain Alicia Vega, we saw her in search and rescue and from the screen shots shes going to be in a few more episodes. What do people think of her? is it a good idea to bring in another new charcater esp another military one (we dont see enough of lorne as it is) or is it a good idea to bring in another female in a military role, Cadman could have been good but we never really saw much of her and then she dissapeared and with sam gone, another female on the base is a good thing.

i think it could be a good idea to help balance out the testoerone on atlantis as long as she actually has some useful reason for being there and not just to balance out the testosterone (does this make sense to anyone else?) and as long as we still get lots of lorne!

i have no problem with new personal especially a all female gate team im actually really excited to see this team!

Comment

Realistically it's a good idea to bring in new characters for recurring roles since you don't spend your entire life around the same 10 people. I personally am going to try to refrain from judging Vega until Whispers.

Comment

Yes, more canon fodder... Bring it on!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
          Realistically it's a good idea to bring in new characters for recurring roles since you don't spend your entire life around the same 10 people.
          Definitely. It's good to bring in new recurring characters now and then to spice things up. As long as they're nothing more than supporting and don't take over. It'll work well if the new character can play the foil to the mains as well.

Personally I'm excited to see what they do with her.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Captain Vega was bad ass and not this Barbie-like person some people here claim that she will be. This is why people need to watch an episode before making a judgement.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Captain Vega was bad ass and not this Barbie-like person some people here claim that she will be. This is why people need to watch an episode before making a judgement.
              ..and since all we got to see from Vega til now is a snippet, I'm still reserving judgement either way. So far I haven't seen any indication of her being "bad-ass"
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                Has anyone else thought about the new character Captain Alicia Vega, we saw her in search and rescue and from the screen shots shes going to be in a few more episodes. What do people think of her?
                So far I don't think a lot about her. It's good to have more recurring characters, it helps flesh out the universe, but other than that I have little opinion so far. I like Lorne too so I hope he won't just fall into the shadows.
                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  ..and since all we got to see from Vega til now is a snippet, I'm still reserving judgement either way. So far I haven't seen any indication of her being "bad-ass"
                  Firing that gun looked pretty bad-ass to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    And I haven't seen a single indication of her being "Barbie-like"

Comment

To be honest, if I hadn't been looking out for Vega in Search and Rescue, I'd not have looked twice at her. She seemed a perfectly nice new, background character to me. I wasn't blown away by her, or disappointed either really - in fact she was hardly on screen for me to be able to make a judgement about her potential. She seemed competent, and I didn't have a problem with her firing her gun or anything, though I'm not an expert on that, obviously. So, I'm not concerned about her being in some episodes at all. I hope she'll be interesting and well used.
                      sigpic

Comment

I read the Q&A with the actor on JM's blog, and from what I can tell, the character has more testosterone than Sheppard.

Comment

I think you're refering to the other member of the all-female team, played by Janina Gavankar, instead of Leela Savasta, who plays Vega.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Firing that gun looked pretty bad-ass to me.
                            Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                            And I haven't seen a single indication of her being "Barbie-like"
                            I dind't call her Barbie. My point was rather this -
                            Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            To be honest, if I hadn't been looking out for Vega in Search and Rescue, I'd not have looked twice at her.
                            I had to to think twice while reading this thread to remind myself we have, in fact, already seen her.
                            What I'm trying to say it okay, it's perfectly fair to point out criticising the character now is silly because we haven't seen her yet, but singing her praise is just as silly, for the exact same reason.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I think you're refering to the other member of the all-female team, played by Janina Gavankar, instead of Leela Savasta, who plays Vega.
                              Ahh, whoops!

Comment

Working...
                              X