Earth Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Ships

Otay this is bugging me. Prometheus and Odyssey are at Earth. Daedalus and Apollo go to Atlantis. Prometheus is destroyed. and now Phoenix is being sent to Atlantis by the sound of it from Last Man? That leaves Earth with one ship. Wtf? Earth=one ship. Atlantis=three ships? To me that doesn't make sense. I understand Earth might not have any enemies at the moment, but still it needs ships to defend her just in case. I don't get the logic. In my eyes, Phoenix should remain at Earth with Odyssey. And the fifth ship say Athena going with Greek tradition, should go to Atlantis and the sixth stay at Earth. Anybody agree?
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
    Otay this is bugging me. Prometheus and Odyssey are at Earth. Daedalus and Apollo go to Atlantis. Prometheus is destroyed. and now Phoenix is being sent to Atlantis by the sound of it from Last Man? That leaves Earth with one ship. Wtf? Earth=one ship. Atlantis=three ships? To me that doesn't make sense. I understand Earth might not have any enemies at the moment, but still it needs ships to defend her just in case. I don't get the logic. In my eyes, Phoenix should remain at Earth with Odyssey. And the fifth ship say Athena going with Greek tradition, should go to Atlantis and the sixth stay at Earth. Anybody agree?
    The Phoenix doesn't exist in this reality, nor will it for a t least another year, if ever.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't think the Apollo's permenantly assigned to the Pegasus Galaxy like the Deadalus is, as they appeared to be stationed at Earth in the alternate universe when the Ori attack it. (if I remember correcntly). I think it's more likely that the SGC just sent the Apollo to Pegasus to help deal with the replicator ships because nothing much was going on in our own galaxy.

Comment

Two ships at present...Daedalus and Apollo plus supership Odyssey(it has zpm). Daedalus has been relagated to cargo transport after gate bridge debacle so it doesn't really count as being assigned to Atlantis. Earth still has the superbattlecruiser for itself...that seems reasonable to me.

As for the upcoming pheonix...war zones tend to get the warships. Plus the Russians may have another in the works. But yes, the writers do need to be careful on this one.
        Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Who said the Apollo or Daedalus won't be reassigned? Who said that the Phoenix will be based out of Atlantis? You're making many assumptions that are not based in fact.

Sheppard and McKay changed the future timeline. Michael is crippled and isn't terrorizing the galaxy as in The Last Man, so there isn't a need for the Phoenix in the Pegasus Galaxy like before.

Earth doesn't need many ships defending it because of the Anarctica platform. Besides there is no immediate threat to earth at the moment. There is a threat in the Pegasus Galaxy, so it makes sense that there is more firepower near Atlantis. It's not like these ships can't travel between galaxies.

Comment

If I'm not mistake, TPTB have already said Phoenix will show up in the future.

Comment

This quesion is part of a thread I've just started. 1st and second tactical wings (if you're interested)

In it I've highligthed that the build schedule for 304s would indicate that a 304 may of already been built for the 1st tacticalwing (Earth's fleet)

As only Atlantis is airing at the moment any Earth ship that may or may not exist would not appear on te show.

Comment

actually the deadalus and the apollo switch off going to atlantis so at any given time theres only one ship going to and from atlantis. the rest of them are stationed somewhere in the milky way, most likely on earth.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                  actually the deadalus and the apollo switch off going to atlantis so at any given time theres only one ship going to and from atlantis. the rest of them are stationed somewhere in the milky way, most likely on earth.
                  Yeah, I like this. We've seen the Apollo working in Earth orbit. The 2nd tactical fleet is still overly large compared to the 1st though.

Earth would be safer if 2 of the ships were always at it disposal and the third was there when it wasn't going to, at or retuning from Atlantis.

I know three or even four ships would be better still but we don;t have them yet and won't for a while.

Comment

Hasn't anyone thought that you might not need ships in orbit around earth? Just platformize the beam weapons and stick 'em on the ground.
                    Originally posted by Craig Charles
                    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Earth has one ship permanently stationed in the MW and two others that take occasional trips to Atlantis but only one at a time (except for one instance). Which means there are always at least two ships available in the MW galaxy.

Comment

The Daedalous and the Apollo are probably on a cycle of earth to pegasus and pegasus to earth so that one is always within range of the milkyway in case of emergency. Otherwise Earth is defended by the Oddesy and the outpost drones and what is probably hundreds of f-302 by now. Not counting any sattelite based defenses and all the traditional armed services. Earths pretty much the capital of the MilkyWay in that its one of the heaviest populated and militarily developed.

Comment

What 'verse are you living in mate? Earth is barely a footnote on teh galactic scene, sure we did a lot of important stuff, but in terms of population and infrastructure, were nothing.

We don't have any defense satelites yet, nor are a a capits of anything, were ot even united yet, and no mention of the undreds of 032s has ever been made, in fact earth relies promarily on ships for defence, as 302s can't do jack againt capital ships.

Comment

well there is no thread to earth, and earth has oddy and the ancinet weapon plat form, and if any one whould atteck them only one that can to that now is lucian allaince ena they are no match for the oddy and earth can ask the jaffa to come and help them

but atlantis has more thread wraith aand michael so they need at least more ship

Comment

well the oddy can own any race in MW, so no problems there. the deadalus and apollo supply atlantis, so every 9 days a second ship is available. besides, the biggest theat to earth are the wraith, and containing them in pegasus is the main goal. oddy can handle MW. besides, we have the FJN, the Tokra, langarans and hebridans behind us, so hey, we manage

Comment

Working...
                              X