A Russian 303

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Russian 303

The Russians have the plans for the 302 and the 303 so why don't theybuild their own?

The 303 has the obvious problem of the naquadriah core, the asgard hyperdrive was added later, but it would be a major asset.

What could, should and would they do with it?

The Russians alredy have plans for the 304, AKA The Korolev.

What would they do? Normal stuff, help Atlantis, defend earth, etc.

Comment

would they not try to do something sinister?

It could provide a good storyline.

Comment

Why don't we have a Russian commander of an advanced 304 try to defect and get hunted by the whole Russian fleet....it can star Alec Baldwin and (Sir) Sean Connery....wait....wait....no already been done.

Just why would they do anything sinister?

Comment

Because they have done in the past.

Besides it'd be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            The Russians alredy have plans for the 304, AKA The Korolev.

What would they do? Normal stuff, help Atlantis, defend earth, etc.
            That's not strictly true. The SGC gave the russians a 304 that they were already building. All the russians did was give it a Russian name.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
              Why don't we have a Russian commander of an advanced 304 try to defect and get hunted by the whole Russian fleet....it can star Alec Baldwin and (Sir) Sean Connery....wait....wait....no already been done.

Just why would they do anything sinister?
              My thought exactly.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              That's not strictly true. The SGC gave the russians a 304 that they were already building. All the russians did was give it a Russian name.
              But they do have the plans for it, all they'd have to do is download the software, and they'd have a map if it's internal structure. I may be wrong through.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                The Russians have the plans for the 302 and the 303 so why don't theybuild their own?

The 303 has the obvious problem of the naquadriah core, the asgard hyperdrive was added later, but it would be a major asset.

What could, should and would they do with it?
                Building a 304 requires a fair amount of extraterrestrial materials like naquadah, trinium, etc. which the Russians don't have direct access to without the Stargate. The Korolev wasn't built by the Russians, it was blackmailed by them out of America when they threatened to not renew the Stargate renting deal.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  Building a 304 requires a fair amount of extraterrestrial materials like naquadah, trinium, etc. which the Russians don't have direct access to without the Stargate. The Korolev wasn't built by the Russians, it was blackmailed by them out of America when they threatened to not renew the Stargate renting deal.
                  Still, I imagine it wouldn't be too dificult to build the ull out of "traditional" materials, and buy some exotic materials from US for the hyperdrives and stuff.

Even the 303 use naqudah in it's hull composition heavily.

Perhaps thats the reason other countries only build 302s?

Comment

Perhaps thats the reason other countries only build 302s?
                    Which countries have built 302s? I'm not saying they haven't I just can't recall when it has been shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                      Which countries have built 302s? I'm not saying they haven't I just can't recall when it has been shown.
                      Was it....I want to say Norway? In the alternate reality when the Ori atack earth.

Comment

Was it....I want to say Norway? In the alternate reality when the Ori atack earth.
                        terrorists in ireland and the irish gov asked the us to do a strike on the training facility with their 302s so no we only have 302 right now i believe
                        SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

Perhaps we have an off world construction facility already were ships are funded and built for all nations now. As the IOA have taken over, or so it seems, especially after The Ark of Truth statement by Marrick of "…this'll be my first time on one of our battle cruisers.”

sigpic

Comment

The problem is that it requires a lot of materials not found on Earth, which they can't get. Also all the Asgard tech and the inertial dampeners and engine thing in the 302 are built by either SGC people who have Asgard knowlegde or a company contracted by the US government.

Also the 303 has very weak weapons that can only do serious damage to fighters, scout ships or Al'kesh sized craft. And they do not have the knowlegde to design one with Asgard tech in it and that takes full advantage of the tech.

Comment

well the only use of a 303 would be to go offworld and extract a gate and minerals

Comment

Working...
                              X