First and second tactical wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First and second tactical wings

I noticed, somewhere, that the Apollo was assigned to the 2nd tactical wing. This wing, I assume, is assigned to Atlantis and Pegasus and the 1st tactical wing, which will contain the Odyssey, is assigned to Earth and the Milky Way.

As Earth is our homeworld I think it's about time that the 1st tactical wing got another ship. I do think however that it is possible that Earth may already have one.

The 304 build sequence goes like this.

Daedalus ( SG1 season 8 - Atlantis season 1)
    Odyssey ( SG1 season 9 - Atlantis season 2)
    Korolev (SG1 Season 9 - Atlantis season 2)
    Apollo (SG1 season 10 - Atlantis season 3)

Given this build sequence it could be possible that a 5th ship has either been built or is close to being finished. The Phoenix could be this ship, but I think that there should already be another ship on its way given that in The Last Man, an episode that charts future events, it was been rushed into service.

It would be likely that this new ship would go to the 1st tactical wing so it would not appear in Atlantis.

My discussion points are these:
    What could all these new ships do for the storylines?
    (We could see them used in one of the SG1 movies)
    If you were in charge of the stargate programme, what would you do
    with 5 ships?
    (would you leave one or two in reserve or would you be working them
    all as much as possible?)
    Could and should a ship be permanently assigned to Atlantis?
    (Caldwell or Ellis could be semi permanent characters?)
    What could we do with two ships in the Milky Way? One could guard
    Earth all the time, but what about the other?
    What could it be called?

I know it's been asked before but I thought it would be suitable here as well. Possibilities are,
    Ares and it could be a ship built for war
    Ascelopius and it could perform some sort of medical duty,
    Artemis and it could out enemies in some sort of guerirlla ops,

I don't think we need a new ship, 304s are fine.

Well if I was in command of Earths ships to organise the Earth's efforst in the universe this is how I would set it out.

Earth defense forces
    1. Oddysey: Leave it in permanent position around Earth the Asgard core can't be on any frontlines unless in emergency, Also with its strength it is perfect for homeland defence.
    2. Apollo: Left in orbit around Earth but also allowed to leave the system to support SG teams in the milkyway galaxy only, Also as a exploration ship for MW and protect our offworld bases.

Atlantis defense forces
    1. Daedalus: Daedalus is now a permanent ship on Atlantis and will very rarely venture away from Atlantis. The crew already have the experience and the connections with the Atlantis team and know about the Pegasus galaxy and theWraith.
    2. Phoenix: For ferrying supplies to and from Atlantis and for defense of either Earth or Atlantis as it will most likely be in transport somewere in between. If possible give it a faster engine and better communications (So we can divert it to were its needed).

Extra ships.
    This the next ship I would use to explore the MW galaxy and like the Apollo for quick defense of Earth if nesacery.
    Then the next to ferry stuff to Atlantis like the Phoenix.
    Any there after for deepspace other galaxy exploration.

Future ships if possible.
    1. Smaller easier to build vessel to fill the gaps in Earths defenses and allow more 304's to leave the galaxy. Possibly build 10-15 of them. No need for intergalactic drive as it could latch onto a 304 or combine drives with another ship to get out the galaxy.
    2. Cargo vessel. Automated vessel with a large cargo capacity and minimal defenses. It will not leave hyperspace except for when delivering supplies. Won't respond to destress calls and if possible add a faster intergalactic drive and Wraith beam buffers to hold supplies. (2 or 3 needed not just to ferry to Atlants, but teams in other galaxies (There will be eventually) and MW transport).

Techs for 304's
    Nothing fanwank just find a way of fitting a cloaking device to the 304's, a better longer range comms system to redirect them were needed and a faster engine. Obviosly improve other areas as time goes by.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Another thought I had is, should we remove the Asgard core from the Odyssey?

The core is exposed by being on a ship and I can't see the benefits it provides by being on the Odyssey. The Daedalus and Apollo have the Asgard weapons are incredibly formidable. Does the core provide anything else for the ship?

Earth would be a far more secure place to house it and it could be studied by far more scientists.

Comment

Im sure the asgard core has been installed on the other ships now, we see it on the Deadalus and the Apollo..

To support that argument the rest of the 304's have beams, beaming and asgard hyperdrives (or asgard ugraded earth based hyperdrives)

I think the Odyssey just has the room with the asgard knowledge in (room with the writing in from Unending) which may or may not be that important since they died in the end and we cant help them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
          Im sure the asgard core has been installed on the other ships now, we see it on the Deadalus and the Apollo..

To support that argument the rest of the 304's have beams, beaming and asgard hyperdrives (or asgard ugraded earth based hyperdrives)

I think the Odyssey just has the room with the asgard knowledge in (room with the writing in from Unending) which may or may not be that important since they died in the end and we cant help them.
          A caring person who see'sthe big picture!! lol

sigpic

Comment

That is the Asgard Core.

Hello! Not that important? Of course not. It just contains all the knowledge of the race that gave us hyperdrives, beams, matter generation, shields technology and are way more advanced than us.
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

You won't be very popular with that statement. And as Guest750 said: that's the Asgard core.

Comment

Well maybe the Phoenix once it is build stays on Earth. I believe in the alternate reality (The Last Man) it was never the plan to send the Phoenix to Atlantis but Carter talked the IOA into it.

Or they just switch the ships.

Comment

there was a holoroom aswell on the oddy

Comment

personally i would land the odessy and study it . i mean its the most advanced piece of technology we currently have and its destruction would be a tremendous loss. a loss we cant really afford. i mean just transfer the zpm and the crew to the phieonx. and make that ship the new flagship since it would now have the zpm.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Daedalus is assigned to Atlantis, it is Atlantis's 304.

Odyssey is Earth's ship

Apollo just flys between the both, blowing up small moons and whatnot because Ellis isn't really wanted..

I think Phoenix will be an Atlantis ship, and Ellis and his Apollo are going to be chained down to Earth. Or Ellis will be removed.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                        Daedalus is assigned to Atlantis, it is Atlantis's 304.

Odyssey is Earth's ship

Apollo just flys between the both, blowing up small moons and whatnot because Ellis isn't really wanted..

I think Phoenix will be an Atlantis ship, and Ellis and his Apollo are going to be chained down to Earth. Or Ellis will be removed.
                        Apollo is assigned to Atlantis, we know this as there's a sign on the bridge thatsays so. Both Apollo and Daedalus do their own fair share of moving personnel and cargo.

Comment

I think the next ship (Phoenix) should be sent to Atlantis because Earth is allready very very well protected (Odyssey with Asgard Core, ZPM, beam weapons, time dilation device etc; Weapons platform in Antarctica also with ZPM; Merlins out-of-phase device; fleets of F-302s from Earth). I also think 2 ships (Daedalus and Apollo) should be stationed in Pegasus at all times. One for protecting Atlantis and one for exploring Pegasus (we've seen that there is a lot of Ancient technology in the galaxy). That would mean that more supplies would have to arrive from Earth and they could use Phoenix and the Stargate (since Earth has 2 ZPMs basically) to deliver them. Then the next ship should be used, in my opinion, to explore the Milky Way Galaxy.

Comment

i would create the USAF Hermes. a differently fit 304, with asgard naquahdah reactor, dual hyperdrive, more AI's, AI'ed railgun CIWS, plasma beam weapons, asgard plasma pulse weapons[just 4 beams, about 10 pulse weapons], additional larger railguns, and a beam buffer. whats it gonna do? be the ferry between atlantis and earth. give it a stargate, with iris and gateshield, and gateroomshield, and just have it ferry supplies.

being much, much faster, id say some 7 days travel time, just have it go to atlantis, remain a week, ferry back, remain a week, ferry to atlantis, etc. you'd need skeleton crew, with additional from atlantis if nessecary, and just rotate crews in the week you're on earth.

oddy: permanent on earth. duplicated core, with all knowledge, at area 51.

deadalus: permanent at atlantis
                            apollo: permanent at atlantis
                            phoenix: permanent in MW.

it'd be the best way to go

Comment

I agree the reason that Atlantis gets most of the ships is cause it's the most vonrable earth has the Antartic weapons systems and Odyssey not forgeting the f-302 fighter fleet and it's got our own surface to space weapons it's, and of course the possability of the new
                              Spoiler:
                              moon base
                              menationed by carter at the end of continum and it will also have F-302's and it's on defensive weaponary that may include surface to space asgard plasma weapons and railguns.

if pheniox is in consruction and nothing happens until near compleation they can rush her out of dry dock like they did Korolev (is that how you spell it?)
                              And that is pretty heavly armed compeared to Atlantis
                              Apollo, Deadalus, their F-302 fighter wings and a taskforce of jumpers and Atlantis' defence systems and not forget that her power system is down 2 ZPM's so for that reason she needs more ships!
                              C. Edmund

Comment

Working...
                              X