an actual plot hole maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an actual plot hole maybe?

remember way back when in the early episodes on sg when alternate carter and kawolski came to our dimension. alternate carter started phasing in and out her face did that weird thing. apparently 2 carters couldn't exist.

but how come in season 10 in ripple effect (i think) when all those other sg teams came thru and we had numerous carters, jacksons, teal'c and mitchel, came thru that none of those guys did that face phase thing.

the only difference i can think of is the way that they arrived to alternate dimensions.

It was mentioned in the episode. They explained it away with some technobabble I don't remember

Comment

I don't think so I've checked the episode, and I didn't hear anything.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

I think it got worse as time went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
          It was mentioned in the episode. They explained it away with some technobabble I don't remember
          correct, dr. lee says it wen they are trying to solve the problem...
          Meh.

Comment

Green BDU Carter of this reality and Lee stand by a monitor display. Lee points at the display, which depicts a similar image to what the pair were looking at earlier. Over Lee's shoulder, an alternate Carter wearing glasses eats blue Jell-o.]

LEE
            Sixteen different SG-1s, sixteen different points of origin, but only one point of convergence, this universe. Now, given the fact that previous trips through this black hole didn't produce a rupture in the subspace structure…
            [Behind Carter, Black BDU Carter pours coffee from a carafe.]

CARTER
            They may not have produced the rupture, but it is entirely possible that their repeated trips contributed to the deterioration of the space-time fabric that weakened, eventually ceded to the singularity, creating the bridge between the various realities.

Doctor LEE:
            (nodding to Carter)
            And I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the, uh, entropic cascade failure. But, that still doesn't help us with the main problem. How do we reverse the process?

CARTER:
            I don't have the answer to that. Because if I did, we all wouldn't be here.

Answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
              Green BDU Carter of this reality and Lee stand by a monitor display. Lee points at the display, which depicts a similar image to what the pair were looking at earlier. Over Lee's shoulder, an alternate Carter wearing glasses eats blue Jell-o.]

LEE
              Sixteen different SG-1s, sixteen different points of origin, but only one point of convergence, this universe. Now, given the fact that previous trips through this black hole didn't produce a rupture in the subspace structure…
              [Behind Carter, Black BDU Carter pours coffee from a carafe.]

CARTER
              They may not have produced the rupture, but it is entirely possible that their repeated trips contributed to the deterioration of the space-time fabric that weakened, eventually ceded to the singularity, creating the bridge between the various realities.

Doctor LEE:
              (nodding to Carter)
              And I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the, uh, entropic cascade failure. But, that still doesn't help us with the main problem. How do we reverse the process?

CARTER:
              I don't have the answer to that. Because if I did, we all wouldn't be here.

Answer?
              So basically since the realities are all so far apart the cascade failure thingy doesn't apply? That doesnt seem to make a lot of since to m, but then again what do I know.

Comment

The bridge to their realities is still open.

However in the earlier eppie, it was closed; the mirror was turned off, so they were cut off from their reality

Go Green

Comment

Given that Dr. Lee is just guessing it could be that entropic cascade failure was entirely a side effect of using the quantum mirror.

The teams in Ripple effect didn't experience it, Rodney's double didn't experience it in McKay & Mrs. Miller, and neither did Sheppard, Ronon, McKay, and Teyla in Daedalus Variations.

Looks like ECF has been retconned, but it's a plausible retcon since we knew so little about the quantum mirror before Hammond ordered it destroyed.

Comment

in the deadalus variation shep ronon mackay and teyla were already dead so the cascade didnt happen as for the other dimensions guessin we weren't there long enough.

guessin the cascade thign is a side effect of travelling thru the quantum mirror. mayeb thats not the most physically stable way of travelling thru / seeing dimensions but is the most stable way that doesn't require punching thru space time blackholes or creating a subspace power generator.

Comment

I heard spell check helped all the alternate Sg-1's get back to their realities.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                        I heard spell check helped all the alternate Sg-1's get back to their realities.
                        Lol.
                        You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

i have heard the same thing about spell check lol

Comment

Working...
                          X