If we had salvaged the Daedalus from "Variations"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit, I get a thrill every time there's a new ship on earth's side. I was really pulling for the Alternate Reality Drive to give out in "our" reality. But, alas.

Anyway, I was thinking of some what-ifs, and I stumbled upon what would be a fantastic name to rechristen the ship. Since you can't stop me if you've heard this, just try to be gentle in your responses

The Gemini.

In keeping with the Odyssey and Apollo dual mythology/space program naming theme, and since Gemini is "The Twins", and this is a twin Daedalus...

Eh? Not the worst idea ever, right? Just so long as they pronounce it Jem-in-eye, and not Jem-in-nee.

Someone in the show would pronounce it wrong. I was hoping it gave out too but sadly tptb won't let us have another ship. And if it did stop it would most likely go to spend a long time at area 51, after working on the alternate reality drive and seeing if it is different in any way.
    sigpic

Comment

I like the name. I wonder if we'll ever see the Phoenix, which I believe was the ship from the alternate timeline in "The Last Man."
      Last edited by A Wraith Named Bob; 04 August 2008, 10:51 PM.
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

If they did salvage Deddy-2 then I'd say they would have ripped out the Alternate Reality drive and shoved it in Area 51 for study. They then would have re-fitted it and sent it out like they do the others.

Save the Alt-reality engine for the 305.

How about the Dreadalus.... nah.

Comment

How about the Hercules?
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Is it me but did the "new" Daedalus have a new type of power generator? I think Mckay said it was like a capacitor which charges from subspace and the interdemensional drive requires power akin to a ZPM. Does that mean we could now build something with that much power?
            Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
            Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
            Arthur: What is that?
            Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
            Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
            Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
            Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
            Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
            Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
            Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogs_Body View Post
              Is it me but did the "new" Daedalus have a new type of power generator? I think Mckay said it was like a capacitor which charges from subspace and the interdemensional drive requires power akin to a ZPM. Does that mean we could now build something with that much power?
              I think the 'Subspace Tap' was just the power source for the Alternate-Reality drive, I think the rest of the ship was powered in the conventional way.

Comment

What is it with you people?! First you wine and complain that you want a another ship, then if you get it you wine and complain that it's ruining the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
                  If they did salvage Deddy-2 then I'd say they would have ripped out the Alternate Reality drive and shoved it in Area 51 for study. They then would have re-fitted it and sent it out like they do the others.

Save the Alt-reality engine for the 305.

How about the Dreadalus.... nah.
                  those area 51 guys would prbably screw up or get it stolen and then half the continental US would jump from reality to reality
                  *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

personally i think if it did give out in our reality then they should have taken out the ar drive and put the ship into the peagasus rotation. which would mean around the clock ship support for atlantis which would be awsome.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

It think we should turn it inside out, maybe there is other tech different than ours. Also if we would use it we should use it along with our daedalus and the apollo. That way we could have one or two ships any time and yet all can go home sometime.

Comment

do a sensor sweep on it, do a check to see whats different, and the damaged sections. taddaa, call it gemini. sounds good

Comment

They don't have good enough luck for it to break down in our reality, I hope it went back to the original owners because they lost a ship and it would be good for them to get it back. Anyone else hoping that another one comes along, because if one reality thought it up then I bet a lot more did too. It would be cool to have another one pop up and accidentally bring the weird aliens back and introduce them as villans to the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

then it would blow up a few episodes later.
                            Originally posted by Craig Charles
                            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

sell it on ebay as slightly used!

hahahahaha
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X