Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient Sensors vs Goa'uld Sensors(Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Sensors vs Goa'uld Sensors(Possible Spoilers)

I've used the Search function and the closest thing to this subject is Ancient vs Asgard, so apologies if this has been posted before.

In the SG-1 episodes Fallen (Part 1) and Homecoming (Part 2), the Tok'ra inject Daniel and Jonas with some kind of isotope that lets them elude the ship's sensors. When the isotope runs out in Homecoming, the sensors detect them, meaning that the sensors could detect intruders, how? i dont know, maybe they appeared "un-jaffa" on the sensors. i mean think about it, anubis' ship was the huge piece of junk, and imagine the number of jaffa on board.....so how are the sensors able to pick out daniel and jonas???? the sensors did pick them out as different lifesigns......

as oppose to the sensors in Atlantis and those handheld lifesign detectors....the atlantien sensors can only pick out life sign signals but could not differentiat between species and whatnot.....so saying that, are the goa'uld sensors better than the ancients sensors???? any thoughts??
    *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
    I've used the Search function and the closest thing to this subject is Ancient vs Asgard, so apologies if this has been posted before.

In the SG-1 episodes Fallen (Part 1) and Homecoming (Part 2), the Tok'ra inject Daniel and Jonas with some kind of isotope that lets them elude the ship's sensors. When the isotope runs out in Homecoming, the sensors detect them, meaning that the sensors could detect intruders, how? i dont know, maybe they appeared "un-jaffa" on the sensors. i mean think about it, anubis' ship was the huge piece of junk, and imagine the number of jaffa on board.....so how are the sensors able to pick out daniel and jonas???? the sensors did pick them out as different lifesigns......

as oppose to the sensors in Atlantis and those handheld lifesign detectors....the atlantien sensors can only pick out life sign signals but could not differentiat between species and whatnot.....so saying that, are the goa'uld sensors better than the ancients sensors???? any thoughts??
    The isotope hid the lifesign. Not just specifically daniel or jonas. It probably would have worked for anything jaffa, goauld etc.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Maybe a Jaffa with a Goa'uld larva has different lifesign than an average human. And two random lifesigns popping out of nowhere in the middle of the ship can make Jaffa to raise their eyebrows
      Trailers and PR
      Stargate: War Begins team
      http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
      forums:
      http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

If there are only supposed to 500 people on a ship and the sensors detect 502, it's pretty easy to assume that there are intruders aboard.

Comment

how do we know they even kept track of the number of life signs???? there has to be a point where they say. damn thats too many people to keep track of

sigpic

Comment

how do we know they even kept track of life signs????
            Any security system/internal sensor system that didn't wouldn't be worth installing.

there has to be a point where they say. damn thats too many people to keep track of
            Also, they probably didn't track individuals. It's doubtful the system tracked Random Jaffa #28 as he moved across the ship.

In the episode, did they know exactly where Jonas and Daniel were when the isotope wore off or did they just know that there were intruders?

Comment

they knew exactly where they were, and the isotope wore off in the previous to scene while they were in some kind of weapon storage room, but in the scene where their position was report they were in a ring ring, time would have past

sigpic

Comment

actually they can b/c they could tell between a wraith and a human in one of the episodes around the siege, b/c a wraith was in atlantis and he showed up as a red dot on the sensors. however the hand held sensors cannot tell between different bio sighns, its only that one console they found and figured out it runs the bio sighns dectector.

personally i think its more than likely the goauld use a variety of different ways to tell if there are intruders because if you only look at the bio sighns then what if a jaffa is the intruder? it wouldnt know the difference between one of your jaffa and an enemy. however if they would count the number of people onboard and alert you when it goes up then that would work best but still i bet they use both.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i think that function in atlantis was retconned

sigpic

Comment

No, it wasn't.
                    Originally posted by Craig Charles
                    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

well anubis did have the knowledge of the ancients, maybe he used that knowledge to build an advanced scanner.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                        well anubis did have the knowledge of the ancients, maybe he used that knowledge to build an advanced scanner.
                        well wouldnt he only have ancient level sensors???

sigpic

Comment

well wouldnt he only have ancient level sensors???
                          Meaning that when you ascend, you only become as smart as the Ancients were pre-ascension? No.

Comment

so anubis had ancient level sensors, how did they differentiat life signs

sigpic

Comment

The same way Atlantis' do.
                              Originally posted by Craig Charles
                              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Working...
                              X