X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-Drive / Subspace Energy Technology - [Daedalus Variations Spoilers]

To quote the episode:

Spoiler:

MCKAY: Its power generation, jumping from one reality to another requires massive amounts of power, we're talking ZPM levels here. Obviously they didn't have those raddling around, so they created a capacitor that constantly draws power from subspace
    And I wonder, although the AR technology may be a lemon, at least this technology does show some remarkable improvements from drawing energy from subspace, a technology's power source that we can use to power Daedalus.

1) SGA - Episode 2x06 - Trinity
    We explore the introduction of using massive energy from subspace that would surpass ZPMs (failed technology)

2) SGA - Episode 3x08 - McKay and Mrs. Miller
    We revisit the subspace energy technology only to cause our understanding of drawing from alternate universes to create exotic particles that would destroy other universes (somewhat mixed results)

3) SG1 - Episode 10x13 - The Road not Taken
    Sam Carter from an alternate universe was able to draw energies from alternate universes and solved the problem of the exotic particles, however because our universe, sam carter was working on phase technology, the technology explodes killing Alternate Carter (somewhat mixed results)

4) SGA - Episode 5x04 - The Daedalus Variations
    An alternate McKay from an alternate universe finally creates similar technologies that draws energy from subspace successfully, however the AR drive has a malfunction that causes them to jump from universe to universe (somewhat mixed results)

It seems to me that the AR drive technology is the main technology, and the subspace capacitor technology was created for the drive. Maybe we finally will see our own designs for a powersource similar to the ZPM from the results of this

Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

yeah.....note: malfunction
    *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
      yeah.....note: malfunction
      ...Can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        ...Can be fixed.
        ....by blowing up another solar system??? albeit an uninhabited one?

sigpic

Comment

Use the Quantum mirror to look for an uninhabited universe then tap energy from it with the McKay-Miller Subspace Blah-Blah generator.

The only problem in stargate is that other alternate reality will make the same device, use the same method and tap into the same uninhabited universe. We'll have surely less energy than provide by a ZPM. But at least it would be OUR powersource.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
            Use the Quantum mirror to look for an uninhabited universe then tap energy from it with the McKay-Miller Subspace Blah-Blah generator.

The only problem in stargate is that other alternate reality will make the same device, use the same method and tap into the same uninhabited universe. We'll have surely less energy than provide by a ZPM. But at least it would be OUR powersource.
            lol uninhabited universe??? you mean one that another mckay has blown to hell.....good one

sigpic

Comment

I think it'll happen just not anytime soon. Obviously there are still a lot of things to work out.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
              Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post

The Quantum Mirror was destroyed a long time ago. And even if it existed it could only take you to another Universe in which there is another Quantum Mirror and that Universe would most certainly be inhabited.

Comment

well it draws power from our subspace. but in lesser quantities, so its safer

Comment

Before I went to bed yesterday, I had a thought.

What is the purpose for the AR drive anyways? Why would anyone want to go to alternate universes? I don't see any purposes to it.

What got me thinking was that the AR drive was in fact a power source. The malfunction is that instead of using it as a power supply (who needs a faucet anyways), the malfunction caused them to jump to alternate universes.

Could that be true though? The AR drive is really in fact a new powersource for the Daedalus?
                    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                      Before I went to bed yesterday, I had a thought.

What is the purpose for the AR drive anyways? Why would anyone want to go to alternate universes? I don't see any purposes to it.

What got me thinking was that the AR drive was in fact a power source. The malfunction is that instead of using it as a power supply (who needs a faucet anyways), the malfunction caused them to jump to alternate universes.

Could that be true though? The AR drive is really in fact a new powersource for the Daedalus?
                      Well you could go to alternate Universes to get more ZPMs (like the alternate SG-1 that came into our Universe), or another type of power source, or new weapons for example. Or maybe the people who built the ship wanted to find an alternate Universe where the Wraith were defeated and wanted to find out how. There are many such reasons for going in an alternate Universe.

Comment

It was a drive, the Subspace Tap was the energy source. I do believe we've found teh Tolan infinite enrgy source, aka: subspace energy extration array.

It would be perfect for long duration, isolated projects, infinite energy, anytime, anywhere.

Comment

Theres loads of them, we blew up 2 or 3 whats another couple?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            It was a drive, the Subspace Tap was the energy source. I do believe we've found teh Tolan infinite enrgy source, aka: subspace energy extration array.

It would be perfect for long duration, isolated projects, infinite energy, anytime, anywhere.
                            Nice theory. Here's some green.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                              Nice theory. Here's some green.
                              Very nice green.

Comment

Working...
                              X