This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld News' syndicated news feed

Hi has anyone else been on yahoo to try out gateworlds news feed, well I have and I've come across a problem once I enter the address in the RSS Headlines section field and press search it comes up with an error message "RSS retrieval service temporarily unavailable" help anyone.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

If it's temporarily unavailable, give it a few minutes and try it again. I added it to My Yahoo! a couple of hours ago, and it went smooth as silk.

Yahoo's RSS feed system is currently in beta testing, so they may have taken it offline to work on it at the moment.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Ok thanks Darren me try again

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Hey there...

New to the forum, I'm CarterMackenzie from NZ, and have been trying to set up this RSS thing all day.

I get as far as having the search option on my yahoo page... and then entering the address supplied it just acts if it's going off to search... gets about half way thru... then just stops... and it's been doing that all day.

I've tried leaving it alone, and come back several times... thinking maybe something is just down... but no such luck yet... wondered whether anyone else is still having problems.

Oh well... great idea, and hope I can get it working soon.

Smiles.... CarterMackenzie
        Beth ~ CarterMackenzie (KiwiCarterMackenzie)
        New Zealand

"My belief is that when people are laughing, their minds are more open." - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi there CarterMackenzie welcome to the gateworld hope you enjoy your time here. As for your question I had some problems with yahoo as well give it a some time try it tomorrow it might work.

Comment

Working...
          X