This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla & Teyla's Baby

What was it that Michael was shooting into Teyla when she was pregnant? Suppost it was some type of growth excellerator. I'd like to see that kid grow up (fast) so we can see what kind of powers he has.

And what are we suppose to think about Teyla's lover or husband or "Baby's daddy". He's just going to play the role of baby sitter?

I would like to see Woosey - since he's being forced on us - develop a Godfather relationship with the baby. Remember how he talked about that dog he loved - well he can't have a dog on Atlantis (No where for it to potty), but he could develop a strong love for the kid. It would make him seem more like a human and not so much like an anal retentive snob.

Teyla was one of my favorite characters. Hope she's not going from a warrior to a worrying mom.

Just some thoughts - what do you guys think?

I don't think the baby will have any power other than a heightened ability to sense the wraith and read their thoughts. But I like the godfather idea!

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to have teyla's baby grow up fast with heightened wraith sensing powers! Or grow up fast to teenage and then grow normal (a bit like Adria in SG-1). Someone go and suggest it to TPTB.

I don't know how they are going to work teyla being a mother and a warrior on the front line at the same time, it's a tricky situation, I think if she keeps the stick fighting up she will be fine.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, gods, I hope they don't go down the cliched accelerated growth route.

Comment

Given that JM has said that the baby's normal and that we won't be getting the accelerated growth (thank goodness; it's been done once in this franchise already), I'm gonna go with Michael injecting Teyla with good old-fashioned pre-natal vitamins.

It'll actually be kind of refreshing to see Torren just be for a little while. I'm sure fun genetic issues and/or hostage situations will come into play later, but for now it'll be nice to see him be a normal kid. I'm kind of more interested to see how one deals with the care and keeping of an infant on an alien base where anything can go wrong at any time than I am to see more of Michael's genetic experimentation affecting the main team. It's been done. It's really hard to make a child uber-special or to keep on bringing back the same villain without things getting a bit stale. And given the nature of this show, I think the most shocking plot-twist of all would be allowing Torren to stay just a normal kid.
          Last edited by starfox; 08 August 2008, 03:44 PM.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

i agree i think he should be normal, i mean when he gets olders he should be able to sense the wraith and maybe have a stronger contact than Teyla but unless atlantis stays with the same cast for lets say 10 or so years i dnt think they can really do anything with him in a supernatural, but hey if atlantis is still around and i hope so though slightly doubt it then id be all for bring that story back, unless weve already anilated the wraith then it would pointless

Comment

We don't even know if Kanaan can do what Teyla does, it could be related to her gender.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                We don't even know if Kanaan can do what Teyla does, it could be related to her gender.
                He has the gift... I'm going to guess with some training he would be just as capable with a Wraith cruiser as Teyla.

He can teach Torren how to drive.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the reason micheal wanted teylas baby was because kanaan also had the gift therefore the baby would have the uber gift, as shown when she goes up against the wraith queen in season 4

Comment

I wasn't referring to the flying, it's logical Kanaan would be able to do that, too...

I was referring taking over another Queen...

I don't think it's something that Wraith males either can do, or are allowed to do, as their Queen is sacred to them.

It could be a female to female thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      He has the gift... I'm going to guess with some training he would be just as capable with a Wraith cruiser as Teyla.

He can teach Torren how to drive.
                      Straight towards the surface of a planet?

Comment

Working...
                      X