Daedalus Variations alien ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Variations alien ship

What do you think of the Daedalus Variations alien ship.
    It thought it was awesome, however according to the spoiler it should have been an entire armada instead of one ship. I really liked it and it certainly beats the Wraith. However I wonder what kind of tech it possesses that would allow it to face Atlantis on it's own.

When the Deady fired on it it looked like some sort of energy absorption tech..

Comment

that ships strong.

when the daedelus and the apollo took on the ancient warship with the first 2 beam hits the ship was already breaking in half.

3 shots at that ship and all they did was take out its main weapons.

Comment

Here are some screenshots of this new ship/fighters.

Oh and a picture of the handheld weapon.(THEY BETTER HAVE TOOK ONE! lol)

Comment

Not complaining about it but the alien vessel looks a it Startrekish in design.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            Oh noes its the Klingons
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              I thought that to, but its still very cool, and we might finally have an enemy that can take us on
              Perhaps Puff

Comment

Personally, when I first saw it, it shouted "UAF" to me. It could easily have passed as a Human ship I think.
                Last edited by Aerilon; 02 August 2008, 06:47 AM.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                  Personally, when I first saw it, it showed "UAF" to me. It could easily have passed as a Human ship I think.
                  as soon as i saw it i thought it was a new earth battleship and atlantis was the bad guys

Comment

Were the Asgard beams at full power?

The ship does appear to have energy absorbing armor. But 3 hits appeared to have pretty much disabled it. But still very impressive, because usually 2 hits destroys a ship of that size. So it may take 5-6 hits to take it out completely.

While their armor is superb, fortunately their weapons were average.

So probably that ship is just above a Hive. Similar to a Aurora without a ZPM.

These new aliens must have come from a different galaxy, otherwise how did they remain undetected from Atlantis, Asurans, Wraith and the Travellers?

The three soliders also had energy absorbing armor, took some hits from Ronon's gun and many bullets to take one down. A lot more than an average Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                      as soon as i saw it i thought it was a new earth battleship and atlantis was the bad guys
                      I meant to say shouted, not showed. I didn't think about Atlantis, though like you said, I did think it a new Earth ship.

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                      These new aliens must have come from a different galaxy, otherwise how did they remain undetected from Atlantis, Asurans, Wraith and the Travellers?
                      Well... You need to think, it may be, that in that universe, the Wraith never existed. Either that, OR these new aliens were in fact an evolution of the wraith?
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

"Well... You need to think, it may be, that in that universe, the Wraith never existed. Either that, OR these new aliens were in fact an evolution of the wraith?"

Yes I already thought of that. Too obvious IMO if we are going to see these aliens again in another episode.

Everything else was the same. Including the fight with the Asurans, where their Daedalus was lost.

I doubt they are evolved Wraith. It is more likely they are Wraith of this universe. The ships are technological, they have no shields, but has energy absorbing armor, the aliens wear a lot of armor. The ship had fighters...

It would much cooler if they came from anothe galaxy, completely new race.
                        Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 02 August 2008, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Didn't anyone else notice that the Fighter that crashed into the Daedalus had about 5 occupants, but during the second trip back when the dogfighting began they were shown to be about the same size as a F302, which only can hold two occupants.

Just an observation.
                          Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                            Didn't anyone else notice that the Fighter that crashed into the Daedalus had about 5 occupants, but during the second trip back when the dogfighting began they were shown to be about the same size as a F302, which only can hold two occupants.

Just an observation.
                            Remember that Wraith Darts only have one pilot and are the size of an F-302 as well but can carry quite a number of passengers through their transporter. Not seen the episode yet mind you but just saying a possible precedent that size matters not.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

yeah, the ship looks a little to star trekky, and the weapon is another reused prop from old sg-1...season 6 i think, forsaken.

Comment

Working...
                              X