This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5.5 Premier Date

UPDATE: We have confirmation of the date!!

The second half of Season 5 will air at 9:00pm EST (new time slot) on October 10th; that's 2 weeks after the end of the first half, with the 1 week in between occupied by the 2-hour pilot episode of Amanda Tapping's new series, "Sanctuary". Hooray!

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7723

Special thanks to morjana for finding the article! Give her green, I demand it.

---

Ok, I'll let the mods decide if this warrants its own thread, or if it should be merged with the old Premier date thread (even though it's for the actual premier, not the mid-season premier). Anyway, interesting bit of news here...

Masterchief writes: “I thought the back half of season 5 was supposed to air next year. Am I wrong?”

Answer: All indications are that, yes, you’re wrong.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-5-july-reads/

So...the back half will air this year? This little news blurb adds to this bit from Alex Levine:

And if the science aspects of the show excite you, stay tuned for Brain Storm - Martin Gero's upcoming episode - which will air in the fall.
    http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archi...ay_mish_m.html

Note that Brain Storm is episode 516.

So...does it look like we'll be having another short break like in Season 4? Has SciFi realized that having a short break = little to no loss in momentum?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PG15; 04 August 2008, 07:51 PM.

It looks like they were impressed with how SGA S4 did last season. For whatever reason, I imagine they are going to try endind the show right before Christmas.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Well that would be one hell of a Christmas present.

Comment

I feel sorry for the post-production crew though. They'd only have 3 months to finish the effects on BIG stories like the 100th episode.

Comment

The odds for Season 6 just went up if this is the case. I'll explain my theories in a sec. Right now writing a review for Daedalus Variations which I thought was excellent.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            another short break like in Season 4? Has SciFi realized that having a short break = little to no loss in momentum?

Thoughts?
            Gosh, I hope so.

Originally posted by jelgate
            It looks like they were impressed with how SGA S4 did last season. For whatever reason, I imagine they are going to try endind the show right before Christmas.
            I would imagine part of that reasoning is the back half of BSG is coming in the spring.

I know Sanctuary is airing in October. Anyone know the night and time?
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles
              Gosh, I hope so.

I would imagine part of that reasoning is the back half of BSG is coming in the spring.

I know Sanctuary is airing in October. Anyone know the night and time?
              It's very possible they want to have Sanctuary lead into SGA. That would be the smartest thing the network has done in the longest time.
              sigpic

Comment

This would also explain why BSG won't be back until next year.

Comment

If this is the case, I hope the ~6 month wait between season 5 and 6 is filled with some good stuff, as Eureka and Sanctuary will likely be finished at a similar time...

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                  Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

*sigh* if scifi will air second half this year, I wonder WHY THE FRAK they won't air BSG 4.5 this year as well?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I believe when SGA started making some of the earlier S5 episodes the WGA strike was still going on which halted BSG but not SGA
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Sanctuary has been announced as premiering with a 2-hour opener from 9 to 11 p.m. on October 3, and then airing Fridays at 10 (Atlantis's time slot).

If Atlantis is airing straight through the fall, it may be moving to 9 p.m. starting Oct. 10. It would definitely make sense for SCI FI to use it as Sanctuary's lead-in.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I don't believe that premiering the back half so quickly is a sound idea.

For the production staff, it would be too much too quickly.

If anything, the lead-in for Sanctuary (if it is to be Atlantis), should be a repeat of the first half of Season 5, leading up to the premiere of the second half, which should be no earlier than early January.

That's my two cents. Or nickels if you please.

Comment

Ok, I'll let the mods decide if this warrants its own thread, or if it should be merged with the old Premier date thread (even though it's for the actual premier, not the mid-season premier). Anyway, interesting bit of news here...

So...the back half will air this year? This little news blurb adds to this bit from Alex Levine:

So...does it look like we'll be having another short break like in Season 4? Has SciFi realized that having a short break = little to no loss in momentum?

Thoughts?

Hmmm...But Sanctuary is taking Atlantis' place on the schedule on Oct. 3rd at 10pm.

Does that mean Atlantis is moving to 9pm and will serve as a lead in for Sanctuary? And The Futon Critic mentioned that the "fall finale" of SGA was Sept. 26 http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7692 -- so have things changed since that report was printed on July 3rd? (Well, I guess so if SGA continues on!)

Or, will Sanctuary run its 13 episode, conclude (let me count here [have to take off my shoes]...no that doesn't work either, because taking into account the break for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's, Sanctuary (with a straight run) would wrap up somewhere around January 16, and that's definitely not "fall."

As Arte Johnson said, 'Verrrrry interesting!"

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thoughts?

ACK!

I just had the most horrific thought...

The fall of...2009? No way would the SciFi Channel do that...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X