What's next for the Battlecruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next for the Battlecruiser?

As you know Daedalus, Odyssey, and Apollo are the current three BC-304s earth has built, so the question is what's next? NO SPECULATION PLEASE! I don't know about you but I'm tired of the design of the BC-304 and would like to see something new and perhaps bigger. Therefore, can anyone tell me, for certain, if the Stargate people are working on a new BC-30? for the show? Once again no speculation please. I want a yes or a no. Then the info.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they've been fairly consistent in the production of one new BC-304 each year since the release of the Daedalus, so would it be safe to assume that they will be introducing the 4th BC-304 this season of Atlantis? This is assuming the 1st question doesn't work out

Spoiler:
    No, Joe Mallozzi has said for season 5 there are no plans to introduce a new BC-304 nor any other new Tuari ship class.

Comment

It would be the 5th BC-304, technically the 6th.

1. Daedalus
      2. Odyssey
      3. Korelov
      4. Apollo
      5. Phoenix

And no, nothing was said if they are building a new ship.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Well, I believe Joe mentioned that the next 304 build in our reality is going to be the Phoenix.

After that I hope they continue the line of mythical beings started with the phoenix

Possible ideas:
        USS Succubus
        USS Wraith (would be kind of funny)
        USS Poltergeist
        USS Chimera
        USS Dracula
        USS Sirene

Comment

Why is everyone so tired of the DSC-304????? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" The 304s are quite spectacular ships and have held together where many others have failed. What other ship could take 3 Ori ship blasts pre-Unending and still survive? What other ship/people have faced the Wraith and even entire Wraith armadas and survived? What other ship has gone toe to toe against the replicators and taken hit after hit?
          Looks like the new enemy will give out ships a run for their money atleast as much as an Ori ship, maybe stronger. AND WE NEED ships we know how to build and work!
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
            Well, I believe Joe mentioned that the next 304 build in our reality is going to be the Phoenix.

After that I hope they continue the line of mythical beings started with the phoenix

Possible ideas:
            USS Succubus
            USS Wraith (would be kind of funny)
            USS Poltergeist
            USS Chimera
            USS Dracula
            USS Sirene
            everything but Chimaera (correct spelling btw...) sounds just plain stupid for a protagonist ship...

Comment

They have been going along with Greek names, so the next one will probably be a greek monster or a greek god.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                It would be the 5th BC-304, technically the 6th.

1. Daedalus
                2. Odyssey
                3. Korelov
                4. Apollo
                5. Phoenix
                Thanks for the list of ships. I forgot about the Korelov that was destroyed by the Ori, but I don't remember any mention of the Phoenix. Which episode do they mention the Phoenix?

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                  Why is everyone so tired of the DSC-304????? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" The 304s are quite spectacular ships and have held together where many others have failed. What other ship could take 3 Ori ship blasts pre-Unending and still survive? What other ship/people have faced the Wraith and even entire Wraith armadas and survived? What other ship has gone toe to toe against the replicators and taken hit after hit?
                  Looks like the new enemy will give out ships a run for their money atleast as much as an Ori ship, maybe stronger. AND WE NEED ships we know how to build and work!
                  If it's not broken then sure ...don't replace it. But if we held to that as a society we would still be driving cars designed in the 50's with more modern engines.
                  So all I'm saying is keep the strength just give it a new design.
                  Last edited by sperry1975; 02 August 2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sperry1975 View Post
                    Thanks for the list of ships. I forgot about the Korelov that was destroyed by the Ori, but I don't remember any mention of the Phoenix. Which episode do they mention the Phoenix?
                    That was in 'The Last Man' at the end of season 4.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I would have thought them to go with the Earth Shuttles we have at the moment. Having the Columbia, Discovery or Challenger. I think they'd stay away from 'Enterprise' for obvious reasons (Star Trek).

Would be nice if they had a few other names too, such as Pegasus (being that the name of the galaxy), or USAF Goa'uld / Wraith Killa

Personally, I think they should stick to worthwhile names anyway. Those they've got at the moment are fine I'd say.
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

All that has been confirmed is that the USS Phoenix is coming..
                        most likely not until the season finale..

Comment

for the way that i interpreted the episode "the last man" when rodney says they got a new ship "the phoenix" i interpreted it as sam asked for it because she wanted one of the current earth ships to fight with but they wouldn't let her so they built her a new one. that is why most of the systems were not complete and working when they got it because they had to build it in a rush. i do not believe that they are currently building the phoenix for the reason that michael isn't a threat for the moment because sheppard changed the bad timeline where michael took over.

Comment

it was under construction. she wanted the ship in pegasus. but seeing how far they were by then, it would be close to the season finale before its introduced. perhaps s6.

no speculation?

-no new design. the 304 is fine. we got a 304 because the 303 wasnt designed for the technology. any 305 [if ever] would have a full asgard techbase. but first, 304s are put to oddy level, then enhanced with other asgard tech.

the only new 304 would be the phoenix.

deadalus [great inventor]
                            [korolev]
                            odyssey [journey of achilles]
                            apollo [greek god]
                            phoenix [greek creature].

so we had:
                            mythological human
                            " " story
                            " " god
                            " " creature

next?
                            mythological place
                            thing
                            land
                            people

so we could have the Troy, or Spartan, or the circe, Athens, things like that.

Comment

Just so you know,

Sergei Korolev was the pioneer for modern space flight.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                              X