Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not a f-302 but its a good step in that direction

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...hip/article.do

And i like the redesign of the carrier plane so it can launch other vehicles into space, doubles their buisness model

great

Comment

Were's Thor when you need him.

Branson: 'Oh wow, Aliens exist'
      Thor: 'Hello, I am Thor'
      Branson: 'Do you like my spaceship?'
      Thor: 'You call that a spaceship, This is a spaceship'
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

For the record, this is a simple suborbital tourist operation. Nothing spectacular about it. Now go and check out SpaceX's stuff. Hopefully, they'll launch again Friday and it will be successful. Cheap and easy to orbit is what we need to do.
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

i never really got into the whole tourist in space idea... seems kinda boring to be in orbit for x amount of time just to come back real quick. Seemed really cool until my first airplane ride, and that was all out boring. Touring mars or the moon now that would be cool

Comment

....so you're comparing a normal flight.....that's usually above cloud cover so all you see is white.....to a sub orbital trip where you'll be able to see much more of the Earth.....and then tell people that you kinda almost went into space.....but at least you've been further than them....and that's not appealing because you don't like normal everyday flights?

That's like saying I was really looking forward to getting my Bugatti Vayron....but after driving this piece o's**t honda that tops out at 40 I don't want to drive the Vayron anymore.

p.s. Yeah it's not really a spaceship, but you gotta start somewhere right.

Comment

Im just going to wait for 30-40 years intill the things cost like £2000 and actually takes you into space for a few hours. I've always wanted to go to space I just have to wait it will be hear, which will be before the time I die.
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

i wouldnt trust anything we like in this millenium....i mean we got cellphone and what, its just been proven longterm use causes brain tumors, what about this tourist spaceship, things going crack open in the middle of space.....rich people paying for their own deaths, and what if another columbia happens???? i'd say we wait it out and like our great great great grandchildren enjoy th growth of technology in the year 3000
                *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                  i wouldnt trust anything we like in this millenium....i mean we got cellphone and what, its just been proven longterm use causes brain tumors, what about this tourist spaceship, things going crack open in the middle of space.....rich people paying for their own deaths, and what if another columbia happens???? i'd say we wait it out and like our great great great grandchildren enjoy th growth of technology in the year 3000
                  lol.....care to point me to this research that proved mobile phones cause cancer?

Gonna crack open.....wow.....I love all the evidence you gave for that eventuality.

Columbia was what 5 years ago now? Get over it, you're far more likely to die driving than you are on re entry in a space shuttle.

Also I don't understand this:

i wouldnt trust anything we like in this millenium
                  and

i'd say we wait it out and like our great great great grandchildren enjoy th growth of technology
                  Has the word 'like' gained a new meaning that I'm unaware of?

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                    lol.....care to point me to this research that proved mobile phones cause cancer?

Gonna crack open.....wow.....I love all the evidence you gave for that eventuality.

Columbia was what 5 years ago now? Get over it, you're far more likely to die driving than you are on re entry in a space shuttle.

Also I don't understand this:

and

Has the word 'like' gained a new meaning that I'm unaware of?
                    Cellphones give off some radiation, which is supposed to give cancer, but it's not really big enough to. But I'm pretty sure long term use(i.e every day 24/7 for 60 years) can do some damage.

Comment

Once again I'm going to request proof of this, also no one has their phone on them 24/7 for their whole life, I use my phone a lot for work etc and even I don't have it near me 24/7 at least 9 hours a day it's off. the rest it's on my desk. Personally I'd be much more worried about getting hit by a car than whether my mobile might give me cancer if I had it attached to my ear 24/7

Comment

actually i saw a news report on the phone cancer/brain tumor thing....no way i can show it to you but, yea i saw, but seriously the only ones in danger are those valley girls who are on their phone constantly yapping away.....
                        and what about this.....our phone emit low radiation. and since we keep it in our pockets isnt it likely that that exact spot on our leg is radiated??? i mean, ive been feeling "vibrations" that i think are from my phone but when i look no one called...maybe the nerves at that exact spot are screwed up and misfiring or something....do you think????

sigpic

Comment

Ok so i did a course at ARPANSA (the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (yeah they also won the award for the longest acronym, seriously lol)) and its been proven that mobiles only emit a non-interfering(not the actual name for it but it means the same thing) radiation, so it cant actually give you cancer or brain tumours.

News stories these days....how can you trust em? Just another one to keep the masses fearful and purchasing products to solve their fears. Whats that quote from Bowling for Columbine?

Knight
                          ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

well people arent buying anything to save themselves from radiation, its just stop using your phone alot...there isnt any "radiation dampening device" for your phone, what about the ipod, ok we know it screws up our hearing, what are we gonna do?? stop using it alot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                              well people arent buying anything to save themselves from radiation, its just stop using your phone alot...there isnt any "radiation dampening device" for your phone, what about the ipod, ok we know it screws up our hearing, what are we gonna do?? stop using it alot
                              Ok, you're going nowhere with this and i just told you about the radiation...

Knight
                              ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X